Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to volunteer some time to Florida OC?

Post imported post

I am thinking of investing some money in getting a table at the next gun show here in Tampa. I cannot be there on Saturday and would need someone to help man the booth to collect signatures and spread the word etc..

PM me on this board if interested.

Gulf Coast Gunman

Post imported post

80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Handout materials and costs of the gun shows will be covered, I am simply looking for bodies to talk to people about OC in Florida and hand out materials.
    Bonus - free admission to gun show. :P

Let me know
    Gulf Coast Gunman

Post imported post

Because, unfortunately, here in FL, being pro open carry gets you labeled as a gun nut. I don't let ANYONE know I cc, because that is even enough here in Miami Beach to get you labeled as a gun nut.

Post imported post

my son has a little league game and birthday party saturday...but i AM going to the gun show...prolly sunday though. hope to see you there- i'll be looking
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    my son has a little league game and birthday party saturday...but i AM going to the gun show...prolly sunday though. hope to see you there- i'll be looking
    Here is the deal hammer. I cant cover the entire weekend because I work on Saturdays. Now once in a while I will be glad to take an extra day off to allow me to cover the entire weekends. But if you purchase a table and dont show up on time to cover it or if it is not covered for the duration of the show, you will forfeit the table, deposit etc.

So I am trying to line up a little help so that I can do this without forfeiting the money and having a wasted effort. At this time I have not yet gotten a table at the show and probably wont unless I get a little help. At best it will be mix and match and not every show. With no help, I am going to spread out which shows I go to etc and take a few weekends off to push the effort.

I will be sure to let everyone know which shows I am going to and when but at this time I am focusing my efforts on the website design and redo. So by myself it will most likely be next year at one of the shows in Jan, Feb, or March that I kick off this part of the effort.

Gulf Coast Gunman

Post imported post

Gulf Coast Gunman wrote:
    hammer6 wrote:
    Here is the deal hammer. I cant cover the entire weekend because I work on Saturdays. Now once in a while I will be glad to take an extra day off to allow me to cover the entire weekends. But if you purchase a table and dont show up on time to cover it or if it is not covered for the duration of the show, you will forfeit the table, deposit etc.

So I am trying to line up a little help so that I can do this without forfeiting the money and having a wasted effort. At this time I have not yet gotten a table at the show and probably wont unless I get a little help. At best it will be mix and match and not every show. With no help, I am going to spread out which shows I go to etc and take a few weekends off to push the effort.

I will be sure to let everyone know which shows I am going to and when but at this time I am focusing my efforts on the website design and redo. So by myself it will most likely be next year at one of the shows in Jan, Feb, or March that I kick off this part of the effort.

Gulf Coast Gunman

i live in bradenton, i could help at the palmetto show no doubt
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

I will kick in $50.00 for the right volunteer, gunman PM me if you get a live one... big time activist or!! a hott chick will work for starters.

Post imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
    I will kick in $50.00 for the right volunteer, gunman PM me if you get a live one... big time activist or!! a hott chick will work for starters.
    Thank you for the generous offer. I will definitely take you up on this if and when I get some people to step forward.

Hot ladies are always attention getters. LOL. One thing I have done and done well in my past professional incarnations is act as "show captain" for companies I have worked for at trade shows etc. Long hours, lots of work, fun times!

Today is Friday, the next gun show is tomorrow so that is out. Working now on next years plan and the website redesign.

Gulf Coast Gunman

Post imported post

i have free time someone pay my gas ill work a booth im only 30 mins north of jacksonville so tampa is about a 5 hour drive

Post imported post

And what's wrong with being labeled as a gun nut?

Post imported post

GIdeon_70 wrote:
    And what's wrong with being labeled as a gun nut?
    In my opinion, not much. But most Floridians I know will not take you or your ideas and opinions very seriously, and many will be hostile. FL, while it is an easy place to obtain and carry a legal concealed firearm, is not generally a gun friendly place. Hence being known as a gun not will not help you win friends or influence people here.

Post imported post

When I started to carry here, I took exactly the opposite attitude. See, I work with a group of thespians. No, not lesbians, lol, I mean actors, stage crew, directors, and musicians. Just about as liberal a group as is possible to encounter. So, I made the bold statement that I was thinking of getting a gun. The response was, interesting. Rather varied opinions all, but for the most part, they all talked about me behind my back, and after a few months, when I hadn't killed anyone, they started to take a different view of me.

Now when the alarm goes off at the business, they call me. When the parking lot is empty and scary, I'm walking people to their cars. When someone runs across some old heirloom firearm, they say, "Hey, Matt..."

I've taught two people to shoot, one was willing but afraid because of her kids, and only one or two people were overly hostile (one a friend) who thinks that "No one should have a damned bazooka in his living room." But we still have lunch together.

Another that I thought was anti-gun was in reality just keeping quiet because of appearances, but he is ex-military and loves to shoot.

So, my attitude from that was that I am a gun nut. I tell everyone I am a gun nut. When they ask me what that means, I tell them that I swore an oath to support the Constitution of the US, and take it seriously, and that crime has dropped dramatically since I started mowing my yard with a 9mm strapped to my hip.

Shrugs, the reality is simple. I do what I want, when what I want is legal. What they say, well, if I lived my life concerned with theattitude of those around me, I would be a little scared little mouse. And I can assure you that I am anything but a mouse.

Post imported post

My original point was an answer to: "80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Handout materials and costs of the gun shows will be covered, I am simply looking for bodies to talk to people about OC in Florida and hand out materials.
    Bonus - free admission to gun show.

Let me know
    Gulf Coast Gunman"

I was not trying to advocate any position.

Post imported post

Sorry about going off topic.

Will you be in Deland?I might be able to spend an afternoon there.

Post imported post

If you want to call in to the new Tampa Gun Radio Show I am sure we can hook you up with some help. It is on AM 820 on Saturdays at 1:00pm.

Call-In Numbers: Toll-Free 866-977-4820

Listen live on the internet:

http://www.wwba1040.com/index.php

Post imported post

Pengor wrote:
    If you want to call in to the new Tampa Gun Radio Show I am sure we can hook you up with some help. It is on AM 820 on Saturdays at 1:00pm.

Call-In Numbers: Toll-Free 866-977-4820

Listen live on the internet:

http://www.wwba1040.com/index.php
    I'll check this show out...if for nothing else than to check out any legal opinions offered (like open carry in a car in something like a Serpa holster).

Post imported post

Gulf Coast Gunman wrote:
    80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Bonus - free admission to gun show. :P

Let me know
    Gulf Coast Gunman

WOW! I can't believe that no one has jumped on this! If I were still in Florida, I'd be your man, but right now I'm in Kentucky. If this had been posted for a show in Kentucky, you'd be swamped with offers to man your booth.

It's really sad to see that Floridians have gone so soft in just the 20 years I've been away. I can remember when Floridians were hard-nosed, gun-friendly people that thought nothing of carrying their guns and could careless if liberals thought themas so-called "Gun Nuts"!

Shame on those in Florida that are afraid to take a stand for their 2nd Amendment Right. If they keep sitting back on their "good feelings", they'll end up handing over their guns to the Federal government because they will not longer have their Rights.

God Bless and more power to you GCG. I hope and pray that more people step up and take a stand for their 2nd Amendment Rights before they're lost.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

I lived in Port Richey for 7 years and only meet a hand full of "Floridians". The Floridians are ok with this, the newly displacedare not. Floridians are a dieing breed.

Post imported post

havee wrote:
    I lived in Port Richey for 7 years and only meet a hand full of "Floridians". The Floridians are ok with this, the newly displacedare not. Floridians are a dieing breed.
    So, the "true" Floridians as pro-gun friendly and it's the "transplants" that are pushing the anti-gun sentiment?

Not looking to ruffle needless feathers here. *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

Ah, just about that way.

Post imported post

I see. I remember back when they first started allowing CC in Florida, or at least when I first heard about CC. Those were the days, there were fewer street crimes, fewer obvious altercations, it was a more polite time back then. These were the days. *LOL*

About what year did all of this slip away from the citizens down there? After I left in the early 90's I stopped keeping track of things down there. It wasn't until just last year that I found out that things had changed.

And wasn't OC legal as well?

I guess I've been away longer than I thought. *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

I might end up living in FL in 3-4 years. It would be GREAT to get full open carry back in FL.

HoweverI have some gripes to make.

-I am a taxidermist and I see a general trend among southern taxidermists charging way too low for work and doing things halfassed. LikeI see wild hog for 300.00. It's 300.00 in labor alone on those greasy thicked skinned smelly things! How canI have a business competing with this? I seriousdly doubt everything costs 1/2 of what it does in other parts of the US, and the supplies and tanneries are the same price no matter where you live.

-fox hunting/trapping- why are fox closed season if they are so overpopulated? Can't possess fox hides without a permit? I've got a large amount of mostly red fox hides in my possession in MD, andI make good money selling mounted foxes.One of my fav animals to trap are foxes! If it is the running pen houndsmen, I hear they are about all dead anyway they are so old. Change the freakin law!

-trapping in general. Hmm a snared and live angry snarling otter that has torn up the creek bank- yeah that really makes me feel wonderful...I'd rather it be dead within 5 mins of capture by a snapping body grip trap. But those type trap aren't legal in FL. Thank you early 1970's coon hunters and houndsmen, most of whom are living in cemetaries or old folks homes by now.

I bring the trapping issue up because being a "true" trapper is like being a lifestyle OCer. It's just in your blood.

What's up in FL? Did a bunch of myopic MDers move there? Is Peta going to relocate to there?

Post imported post

Thanks for your efforts and struggle for gun rights.

Post imported post

I'm your guy, Gulf Coast, I'll volunteer...... I'm a 6th generation Floridian. Let me know when. r4sale at live dot com

You know that we have one local radio celebrity to thank for helping to STOP the OC law in FL. Back then Q-105s Mason Dixon. He strapped on and headed to Teco Plaza and strolled up and down the street getting peoples opinions and voicing his own on how stupid the Florida OC law was on the radio. I distinctly remember him stating "Its not 1850 any more" people don't need to have a gun on their sides. Anybody remember or am I the only one.

Also I might have to Go to Star Bucks and get a coffee.

Post imported post

I have just joined this site, I never knew it existed. I would love to promote open carry in the state of Florida. I need some advice on how to go about it, maybe you can give me some tips ? I have owned a gun my life and wish I can open carry here in Florida, but it is Conceled by permit only, as you probably already know. please Email me at Donerightcourier@aol.com with any help you can offer.

Thanks, Bobby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast