• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone want to volunteer some time to Florida OC?

rebel-patriot

imported post

I am thinking of investing some money in getting a table at the next gun show here in Tampa. I cannot be there on Saturday and would need someone to help man the booth to collect signatures and spread the word etc..

PM me on this board if interested.

Gulf Coast Gunman

rebel-patriot

imported post

80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Handout materials and costs of the gun shows will be covered, I am simply looking for bodies to talk to people about OC in Florida and hand out materials.
Bonus - free admission to gun show. :p

Let me know
Gulf Coast Gunman

lmnop

imported post

Because, unfortunately, here in FL, being pro open carry gets you labeled as a gun nut. I don't let ANYONE know I cc, because that is even enough here in Miami Beach to get you labeled as a gun nut.

hammer6

imported post

my son has a little league game and birthday party saturday...but i AM going to the gun show...prolly sunday though. hope to see you there- i'll be looking

rebel-patriot

imported post

hammer6 wrote:
my son has a little league game and birthday party saturday...but i AM going to the gun show...prolly sunday though. hope to see you there- i'll be looking
Here is the deal hammer. I cant cover the entire weekend because I work on Saturdays. Now once in a while I will be glad to take an extra day off to allow me to cover the entire weekends. But if you purchase a table and dont show up on time to cover it or if it is not covered for the duration of the show, you will forfeit the table, deposit etc.

So I am trying to line up a little help so that I can do this without forfeiting the money and having a wasted effort. At this time I have not yet gotten a table at the show and probably wont unless I get a little help. At best it will be mix and match and not every show. With no help, I am going to spread out which shows I go to etc and take a few weekends off to push the effort.

I will be sure to let everyone know which shows I am going to and when but at this time I am focusing my efforts on the website design and redo. So by myself it will most likely be next year at one of the shows in Jan, Feb, or March that I kick off this part of the effort.

Gulf Coast Gunman

hammer6

imported post

Gulf Coast Gunman wrote:
hammer6 wrote:
Here is the deal hammer. I cant cover the entire weekend because I work on Saturdays. Now once in a while I will be glad to take an extra day off to allow me to cover the entire weekends. But if you purchase a table and dont show up on time to cover it or if it is not covered for the duration of the show, you will forfeit the table, deposit etc.

So I am trying to line up a little help so that I can do this without forfeiting the money and having a wasted effort. At this time I have not yet gotten a table at the show and probably wont unless I get a little help. At best it will be mix and match and not every show. With no help, I am going to spread out which shows I go to etc and take a few weekends off to push the effort.

I will be sure to let everyone know which shows I am going to and when but at this time I am focusing my efforts on the website design and redo. So by myself it will most likely be next year at one of the shows in Jan, Feb, or March that I kick off this part of the effort.

Gulf Coast Gunman

i live in bradenton, i could help at the palmetto show no doubt

rebel-patriot

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
I will kick in $50.00 for the right volunteer, gunman PM me if you get a live one... big time activist or!! a hott chick will work for starters.

Thank you for the generous offer. I will definitely take you up on this if and when I get some people to step forward.

Hot ladies are always attention getters. LOL. One thing I have done and done well in my past professional incarnations is act as "show captain" for companies I have worked for at trade shows etc. Long hours, lots of work, fun times!

Today is Friday, the next gun show is tomorrow so that is out. Working now on next years plan and the website redesign.

Gulf Coast Gunman

rmodel65

imported post

i have free time someone pay my gas ill work a booth im only 30 mins north of jacksonville so tampa is about a 5 hour drive

lmnop

imported post

GIdeon_70 wrote:
And what's wrong with being labeled as a gun nut?

In my opinion, not much. But most Floridians I know will not take you or your ideas and opinions very seriously, and many will be hostile. FL, while it is an easy place to obtain and carry a legal concealed firearm, is not generally a gun friendly place. Hence being known as a gun not will not help you win friends or influence people here.

GIdeon_70

imported post

When I started to carry here, I took exactly the opposite attitude. See, I work with a group of thespians. No, not lesbians, lol, I mean actors, stage crew, directors, and musicians. Just about as liberal a group as is possible to encounter. So, I made the bold statement that I was thinking of getting a gun. The response was, interesting. Rather varied opinions all, but for the most part, they all talked about me behind my back, and after a few months, when I hadn't killed anyone, they started to take a different view of me.

Now when the alarm goes off at the business, they call me. When the parking lot is empty and scary, I'm walking people to their cars. When someone runs across some old heirloom firearm, they say, "Hey, Matt..."

I've taught two people to shoot, one was willing but afraid because of her kids, and only one or two people were overly hostile (one a friend) who thinks that "No one should have a damned bazooka in his living room." But we still have lunch together.

Another that I thought was anti-gun was in reality just keeping quiet because of appearances, but he is ex-military and loves to shoot.

So, my attitude from that was that I am a gun nut. I tell everyone I am a gun nut. When they ask me what that means, I tell them that I swore an oath to support the Constitution of the US, and take it seriously, and that crime has dropped dramatically since I started mowing my yard with a 9mm strapped to my hip.

Shrugs, the reality is simple. I do what I want, when what I want is legal. What they say, well, if I lived my life concerned with theattitude of those around me, I would be a little scared little mouse. And I can assure you that I am anything but a mouse.

lmnop

imported post

My original point was an answer to: "80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Handout materials and costs of the gun shows will be covered, I am simply looking for bodies to talk to people about OC in Florida and hand out materials.
Bonus - free admission to gun show.

Let me know
Gulf Coast Gunman"

I was not trying to advocate any position.

GIdeon_70

imported post

Sorry about going off topic.

Will you be in Deland?I might be able to spend an afternoon there.

Pengor

imported post

If you want to call in to the new Tampa Gun Radio Show I am sure we can hook you up with some help. It is on AM 820 on Saturdays at 1:00pm.

Call-In Numbers: Toll-Free 866-977-4820

Listen live on the internet:

http://www.wwba1040.com/index.php

brboyer

imported post

Pengor wrote:
If you want to call in to the new Tampa Gun Radio Show I am sure we can hook you up with some help. It is on AM 820 on Saturdays at 1:00pm.

Call-In Numbers: Toll-Free 866-977-4820

Listen live on the internet:

http://www.wwba1040.com/index.php

I'll check this show out...if for nothing else than to check out any legal opinions offered (like open carry in a car in something like a Serpa holster).:uhoh:

neuroblades

imported post

Gulf Coast Gunman wrote:
80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Bonus - free admission to gun show. :p

Let me know
Gulf Coast Gunman

WOW! I can't believe that no one has jumped on this! If I were still in Florida, I'd be your man, but right now I'm in Kentucky. If this had been posted for a show in Kentucky, you'd be swamped with offers to man your booth.

It's really sad to see that Floridians have gone so soft in just the 20 years I've been away. I can remember when Floridians were hard-nosed, gun-friendly people that thought nothing of carrying their guns and could careless if liberals thought themas so-called "Gun Nuts"!

Shame on those in Florida that are afraid to take a stand for their 2nd Amendment Right. If they keep sitting back on their "good feelings", they'll end up handing over their guns to the Federal government because they will not longer have their Rights.

God Bless and more power to you GCG. I hope and pray that more people step up and take a stand for their 2nd Amendment Rights before they're lost.

havee

imported post

I lived in Port Richey for 7 years and only meet a hand full of "Floridians". The Floridians are ok with this, the newly displacedare not. Floridians are a dieing breed.

neuroblades

imported post

havee wrote:
I lived in Port Richey for 7 years and only meet a hand full of "Floridians". The Floridians are ok with this, the newly displacedare not. Floridians are a dieing breed.

So, the "true" Floridians as pro-gun friendly and it's the "transplants" that are pushing the anti-gun sentiment?

Not looking to ruffle needless feathers here. *LOL*