• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone want to volunteer some time to Florida OC?

neuroblades

imported post

I see. I remember back when they first started allowing CC in Florida, or at least when I first heard about CC. Those were the days, there were fewer street crimes, fewer obvious altercations, it was a more polite time back then. These were the days. *LOL*

About what year did all of this slip away from the citizens down there? After I left in the early 90's I stopped keeping track of things down there. It wasn't until just last year that I found out that things had changed.

And wasn't OC legal as well?

I guess I've been away longer than I thought. *LOL*

XD40coyote

imported post

I might end up living in FL in 3-4 years. It would be GREAT to get full open carry back in FL.

HoweverI have some gripes to make.

-I am a taxidermist and I see a general trend among southern taxidermists charging way too low for work and doing things halfassed. LikeI see wild hog for 300.00. It's 300.00 in labor alone on those greasy thicked skinned smelly things! How canI have a business competing with this? I seriousdly doubt everything costs 1/2 of what it does in other parts of the US, and the supplies and tanneries are the same price no matter where you live.

-fox hunting/trapping- why are fox closed season if they are so overpopulated? Can't possess fox hides without a permit? I've got a large amount of mostly red fox hides in my possession in MD, andI make good money selling mounted foxes.One of my fav animals to trap are foxes! If it is the running pen houndsmen, I hear they are about all dead anyway they are so old. Change the freakin law!

-trapping in general. Hmm a snared and live angry snarling otter that has torn up the creek bank- yeah that really makes me feel wonderful...I'd rather it be dead within 5 mins of capture by a snapping body grip trap. But those type trap aren't legal in FL. Thank you early 1970's coon hunters and houndsmen, most of whom are living in cemetaries or old folks homes by now.

I bring the trapping issue up because being a "true" trapper is like being a lifestyle OCer. It's just in your blood.

What's up in FL? Did a bunch of myopic MDers move there? Is Peta going to relocate to there?

snook689

imported post

I'm your guy, Gulf Coast, I'll volunteer...... I'm a 6th generation Floridian. Let me know when. r4sale at live dot com

You know that we have one local radio celebrity to thank for helping to STOP the OC law in FL. Back then Q-105s Mason Dixon. He strapped on and headed to Teco Plaza and strolled up and down the street getting peoples opinions and voicing his own on how stupid the Florida OC law was on the radio. I distinctly remember him stating "Its not 1850 any more" people don't need to have a gun on their sides. Anybody remember or am I the only one.

Also I might have to Go to Star Bucks and get a coffee.

Bobby Done Right

imported post

I have just joined this site, I never knew it existed. I would love to promote open carry in the state of Florida. I need some advice on how to go about it, maybe you can give me some tips ? I have owned a gun my life and wish I can open carry here in Florida, but it is Conceled by permit only, as you probably already know. please Email me at Donerightcourier@aol.com with any help you can offer.

Thanks, Bobby :cool:

biskitsngravy82

imported post

Hey ya'll, I just found this site, and ya'll have gotten my attention! I'm a yung'n, therefore not old enough to remember the old OC days in Florida, nor when CC was a new big deal, but it peaks my interest, and would be willing to help anyway I can! I'm a native Floridian, no yankee transplant here! My family is from God's country IL, yet have to live by Chicago gun laws, and I sure as hell don't wanna see Florida go down the same path! Open Carry is the 2nd amendment, and if I can gather signatures to restore our rights, count me in!

FLEMTP

imported post

Gulf Coast Gunman wrote:
80 views, no replies. Hows this.. if I can get 12 people to commit to giving one day a year, that will cover 12 gun shows in the TB area. I can and will cover at least half of the time personally but I am looking for volunteers to cover the day I cannot be there.

Handout materials and costs of the gun shows will be covered, I am simply looking for bodies to talk to people about OC in Florida and hand out materials.
Bonus - free admission to gun show. :p

Let me know
Gulf Coast Gunman

Hey guys.. im new to this forum... im a regular on florida shooters network.. Im originally from MI and I'm a HUGE pro open carry guy. I'd be more than willing to volunteer my time at the gun shows to help with the cause.. feel free to drop me a PM and let me know what I can do to help!

mercstorm

imported post

Im new to the forum so bare with me. I would be happy to help out. I have a CC permit and carry every place I can under Florida law. I have a family and have been married to the same girl for 33 years. The world is a crazy place now everone needs to be aware of there surrondings. I live in the Sarasota area, anytime you need a hand call call. I thinkconcealed carry or open carry is fine. Its a great deterrent for the bad guys.I do think that if open carry becomes legal in Fl that you should still have a permit with the proper training. Not just anyone needs to carry a gun. Just like some people dont need to drive or own a boat if you know what I mean.

Contact Information -mercstorm@aol.com

Thanks, Mercstorm.

AbNo

imported post

lmnop wrote:
Because, unfortunately, here in FL, being pro open carry gets you labeled as a gun nut. I don't let ANYONE know I cc, because that is even enough here in Miami Beach to get you labeled as a gun nut.
What the hell part of Florida do YOU live in?

It was never like that when I was in Broward Country.

KennyPro

imported post

So Yankees should have different treatment?? That is a very prejudiced statement my friend. I am originally from NY ( born in Yonkers NY ) and have lived in SW Virginia for over 5 years now. We have open carry here and I have carried a gun often since living here. I am as American and civilized as you are my friend. I love my God, Country, Family, and personal rights as much as you do! I am going to be moving to Ft Myers beach soon and will be bringing my guns and CCP. I hope the people I meet will not treat me as anything less than what I am a God Faring, Country LovingAMERICAN! The Mason Dixon Line does not make people what they are or aren't, mindset does and yours is in need of some looking at.....:banghead:God Bless America...ALL OF IT!

KennyPro

imported post

I am going to be moving to Ft. Myers in May, I will be in touch and may be able to help you out with this request...KennyPro:celebrate

neuroblades

imported post

KennyPro wrote:
So Yankees should have different treatment?? That is a very prejudiced statement my friend. I am originally from NY ( born in Yonkers NY ) and have lived in SW Virginia for over 5 years now. We have open carry here and I have carried a gun often since living here. I am as American and civilized as you are my friend. I love my God, Country, Family, and personal rights as much as you do! I am going to be moving to Ft Myers beach soon and will be bringing my guns and CCP. I hope the people I meet will not treat me as anything less than what I am a God Faring, Country LovingAMERICAN! The Mason Dixon Line does not make people what they are or aren't, mindset does and yours is in need of some looking at.....:banghead:God Bless America...ALL OF IT!
It didn't use to be like that in Florida, Kenny. I lived there in the late 80's and early 90's and never had any problems with carrying. It's sad to see and hear that the ball was dropped in just this short a period of time but I've been watching and listening tot he forums and friends and it seems that there are a core group down there that's fighting hard to get those Rights back now. BRAVO!!!!

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Am I the only one who smells a rat.
The only 'legal' way to OC is fishing. And the White House is trying to ban fishing.

Can you OC at gun shows when you are a business there?