Thread: Swiss outlaw ammo in homes

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

In the US, that would start a revolution over night. So I don't believe it's gonna happen here. Certainly I hope it doesn't.

What I'm surprised by is that this hasn't started a war there. I don't know much about the swiss, other than the fact they have a massive reserve army that everyone participates in. A small group of wimps telling a large group of people with assault rifles to cough up their ammo, it just doesn't stand up to logical reasoning. Maybe they just don't have the same sense of what freedom needs to be that we get from our constitution?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    In the US, that would start a revolution over night. So I don't believe it's gonna happen here. Certainly I hope it doesn't.

What I'm surprised by is that this hasn't started a war there. I don't know much about the swiss, other than the fact they have a massive reserve army that everyone participates in. A small group of wimps telling a large group of people with assault rifles to cough up their ammo, it just doesn't stand up to logical reasoning. Maybe they just don't have the same sense of what freedom needs to be that we get from our constitution?
    Or no one is willing to cast the first stone.

Mob mentality works both ways.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Post imported post

Remember, Senator Kennedy was trying to introduce legislation to outlaw center-fire cartridges
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Post imported post

FUD.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just talked to a Swiss guy about this. Apparently, they're just moving most of the government issued ammo to something like a base or the town hall. Private ammo and sales are not affected.

Also, it's two years old.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:

It's been a rule in the US for years. If you look at this, it says the GOVERNMENT ISSUED ammo that solders have can no longer be stored in their homes. Nothing about personal ammo that any citizen may have.

Brian seems to have gotten excited about a 2 year old headline that he didn't research before posting.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Leader wrote:
    Michigander wrote:

It's been a rule in the US for years. If you look at this, it says the GOVERNMENT ISSUED ammo that solders have can no longer be stored in their homes. Nothing about personal ammo that any citizen may have.

Brian seems to have gotten excited about a 2 year old headline that he didn't research before posting.
    You may be right. I was basing it on this sentence..."The ban also applies to the male citizens who make up Switzerland’s time-honored citizens’ militia. Even they will be required to keep their ammo at approved government facilities."

The also applies line suggests that it applies to the general population as well as the military.

My bad.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Leader wrote:
    Michigander wrote:

You may be right. I was basing it on this sentence..."The ban also applies to the male citizens who make up Switzerland’s time-honored citizens’ militia. Even they will be required to keep their ammo at approved government facilities."

The also applies line suggests that it applies to the general population as well as the military.

My bad.
    Yes, the source article was very flawed, and attempted to completely misconstrue the reality for an agenda.
    Or, as I previously stated in three letters, FUD.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin