• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Swiss outlaw ammo in homes

Michigander

imported post

In the US, that would start a revolution over night. So I don't believe it's gonna happen here. Certainly I hope it doesn't.

What I'm surprised by is that this hasn't started a war there. I don't know much about the swiss, other than the fact they have a massive reserve army that everyone participates in. A small group of wimps telling a large group of people with assault rifles to cough up their ammo, it just doesn't stand up to logical reasoning. Maybe they just don't have the same sense of what freedom needs to be that we get from our constitution?

HPC9

imported post

Michigander wrote:
In the US, that would start a revolution over night. So I don't believe it's gonna happen here. Certainly I hope it doesn't.

What I'm surprised by is that this hasn't started a war there. I don't know much about the swiss, other than the fact they have a massive reserve army that everyone participates in. A small group of wimps telling a large group of people with assault rifles to cough up their ammo, it just doesn't stand up to logical reasoning. Maybe they just don't have the same sense of what freedom needs to be that we get from our constitution?
Or no one is willing to cast the first stone.

Mob mentality works both ways.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just talked to a Swiss guy about this. Apparently, they're just moving most of the government issued ammo to something like a base or the town hall. Private ammo and sales are not affected.

Also, it's two years old.

Leader

imported post

Michigander wrote:

It's been a rule in the US for years. If you look at this, it says the GOVERNMENT ISSUED ammo that solders have can no longer be stored in their homes. Nothing about personal ammo that any citizen may have.

Brian seems to have gotten excited about a 2 year old headline that he didn't research before posting.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Leader wrote:
Michigander wrote:

It's been a rule in the US for years. If you look at this, it says the GOVERNMENT ISSUED ammo that solders have can no longer be stored in their homes. Nothing about personal ammo that any citizen may have.

Brian seems to have gotten excited about a 2 year old headline that he didn't research before posting.

You may be right. I was basing it on this sentence..."The ban also applies to the male citizens who make up Switzerland’s time-honored citizens’ militia. Even they will be required to keep their ammo at approved government facilities."

The also applies line suggests that it applies to the general population as well as the military.

My bad.

wrightme

imported post

Venator wrote:
Leader wrote:
Michigander wrote:

You may be right. I was basing it on this sentence..."The ban also applies to the male citizens who make up Switzerland’s time-honored citizens’ militia. Even they will be required to keep their ammo at approved government facilities."

The also applies line suggests that it applies to the general population as well as the military.

My bad.
Yes, the source article was very flawed, and attempted to completely misconstrue the reality for an agenda.
Or, as I previously stated in three letters, FUD.