• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News Paper ads

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Why don't we do a full page News Paper ad in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal. The ad could be a full sized copy of the pamphlets we hand out and also advertise for the online petition.

That full page ad couldn't cost as much as the radio ads cost and would end up in homes through out the state. We could probably run it for a week for the cost of the radio ads.

Are there any other news papers that are as big as the Milwaukee Journal that would end up in homes the same way?

I think this would be cheaper and reach more homes then the radio ads. People cut out ads and keep them, so we would have more of an advantage with this method of advertising.

ETA: Also we could make it clear in these ads that even if a CCW law passes people can still OC without training, registration, fees or a permit.

If we get enough people in this state open carrying, the argument over the CCW Bill will be over.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Scanned the MJS...why would they accept a pro-gun, or even gun related but counter to editorial policy, ad? Did you see a price schedule, cost for a page or half-page ad?

There is a reason that print media, and especially the lamestream media that MJS represents, is dying as it whistles past the graveyard of political journalism.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Scanned the MJS...why would they accept a pro-gun, or even gun related but counter to editorial policy, ad? Did you see a price schedule, cost for a page or half-page ad?

There is a reason that print media, and especially the lamestream media that MJS represents, is dying as it whistles past the graveyard of political journalism.
Because if you pay for the ad they have to print it. What reason would they have to not print it that wouldn't or couldn't result in some form of legal action?

I agree with your analogy of the MJS, however it does reach a tremendous amout of homes through out the state and would make for quick and easy distribution of Gun Rights information.

As far as price, no. I did not see the price schedule as it is not given on the site, that I could find so I called the MJS.

They said that a full page ad would cost approximately 20G's. Wow! so maybe we could look at a half page or a 1/4 page ad. Even better yet would be if anyone has any contacts in the MJS if they could get an article written it would be free.

By the way how much was spent on the radio ads that everyone has forgotten about?

Still an avenue I think shouldn't be ignored.

If this can't happen then how about a bill board over the interstate in Milwaukee.

We need to get some attention to the petition it has stalled out and we need many more signatures if we want to influence and legislation.

ETA: Another idea, how much would it cost to print up say, 10,000 or more pamphlets and have them inserted into the MJS Sunday paper?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Because if you pay for the ad they have to print it. What reason would they have to not print it that wouldn't or couldn't result in some form of legal action?

I agree with your analogy of the MJS, however it does reach a tremendous amout of homes through out the state and would make for quick and easy distribution of Gun Rights information.

As far as price, no. I did not see the price schedule as it is not given on the site, that I could find so I called the MJS.

They said that a full page ad would cost approximately 20G's. Wow! so maybe we could look at a half page or a 1/4 page ad. Even better yet would be if anyone has any contacts in the MJS if they could get an article written it would be free.

By the way how much was spent on the radio ads that everyone has forgotten about?

Still an avenue I think shouldn't be ignored.

If this can't happen then how about a bill board over the interstate in Milwaukee.

We need to get some attention to the petition it has stalled out and we need many more signatures if we want to influence and legislation.
Billboards on mayor highways in large cities are about $6,500 a month. A better use for the buck but still expensive. Some companies give discounts to non-profits, but tend to get to pick where they go.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
They don't have to accept an advertisement if only because it is contrary to their editorial policy. Private enterprise is allowed censorship by the First Amendment.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
They don't have to accept an advertisement if only because it is contrary to their editorial policy. Private enterprise is allowed censorship by the First Amendment.
So then maybe the inserts are the way to go. This would be less expensive as well.

Anyone else have any other ideas for advertising?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I wrote this article and sent it to the Kiel Tri County Record. It is a news paper that is distributed through out 3 counties I hope it is published. I also sent a copy of the OCDO pamphlet.

It has become apparent over the last 20 years that the people of this state have forgotten their very Rights of which this country was founded.

In this coming year the the Gun Rights Advocates in this state are uniting in a movement that will campaign against any State Representative, Senator or legislator that does not support an individuals God given Right to Keep and Bear Arms or their God given Right to Self Defense.

That's right, a campaign against incumbents and candidates that do not support these Rights.

Wisconsin has long been a state that is always the last to jump on the band wagon when it comes to such issues. Now it would seem that through some corrupt movement of the city government of Milwaukee, just maybe there will be some legislation for a fire arms carry Bill in Wisconsin.

Well, let's not jump for joy just yet. Let's look at the means of infringement that will follow.

First, the legislature will try to impose as many obstacles as possible to be able to exercise this God given Right.

Starting with a ridiculously unaffordable Permit Fee and then imposing a mandate on training that will again be ridiculously unaffordable to the average citizen. With out a doubt following these will be gun and gun owner registration.

So lets look at these issues. First off, the United States Supreme Court has on many occasions stated that a person does not have to be permitted, pay a fee, be trained or registered to exercise their rights under the Constitution.

With that in mind, why don't the legislation is Wisconsin set an example by adapting the Vermont System of fire arms carry. This would make sense.

Instead, there is already talk of mandatory training. Why would you need to be trained to do something you already know. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use a fire arm. Training should only be an option and nothing more.

There are already so called fire arms instructors lining up and weaseling their way to the legislative training with no other thought in mind then lining their pockets with greenbacks at the citizen's expense. Any legislator in support of these weasels will surely get compensation of some kind.

Being permitted to exercise a Right makes that Right nothing more than a privilege.

Therefore, Wisconsin should pass a no compromise concealed carry/ open carry, non permitted system such as Vermont's which is the oldest recognized system in the country. If it works for Vermont it can work for Wisconsin. after all if the legislators are only going to copy another states system then why not Vermont's?

The unconstitutional fire arms laws that plague this state are the cause of the high crime rates we enjoy today.

The Gun Free School Zone laws which have already been declared unconstitutional on the federal level do nothing more then assist criminals who ignore these laws anyway.

Why can't the legislator's of this state understand that if the teachers and law abiding adults at Columbine High School would have been armed the out come would have been different and the massacre would have ended with fewer deaths or injuries?

The same goes with Virginia Tech. Do you think this can not happen in Wisconsin? Think again.

The Gun Free School Zone Law needs to be amended to read, no person may carry a fire arm within 1000 feet of a school used for the education of children in grades K-12, illegally or for unlawful purposes. Simple as that. This would allow law abiding citizens to carry within the school zone for self defense and for the defense of others.

The transportation restriction for fire arms in this state are nothing more than an extension of the long arm of the already corrupt DNR trying to restrict and infringe on our rights.

A fire arm must be unloaded, encased and out of your reach in order to be transported legally in Wisconsin.

With that in mind, if you are being car jacked, simply request that the car jacker wait until you have retrieved your fire arm from the trunk or farthest out of reach area of your vehicle and load it before resuming the car jacking. I am sure the car jacker will understand and abide by your request. Or you can always just give up your vehicle with possibly your children and your fire arm inside in an effort to save yourself.

Why should these legislators ever be allowed to put us in such a position? They shouldn't. It is abuse of authority and blatant infringement on our Rights.

How about the law which states you can not carry a fire arm into a business that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises.

Let me bring to your attention the true story of former Texas Legislator Susanna Hupp. I will quote a Wikipedia article which reads,

"On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen. She had left her handgun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time which forbade carrying a concealed weapon. When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle. Her father, Al Gratia, tried to rush Hennard and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Hennard put a gun to her mother's head as she cradled her mortally wounded husband. Hupp's mother and father were killed along with twenty-one other persons. Hennard also wounded some twenty others. As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that had there been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant."

Don't think this could happen in Wisconsin or to your family, think again.

Another ridiculous infringement on our Rights is the law that states you can not carry a fire arm into a building which is owned by the government or it's subdivisions or in State parks.

This means you cannot protect yourself from a serial killer who may be stalking the State Parks in search of their next victim, nor can you use the public bathrooms in City Parks or on County Trails. I guess you have to simply leave a yard biscuit on the lawn or disarm and leave your fire arm lying on the grass outside the bathroom. Maybe you could ask a passerby ( who may even be a felon) to hold the fire arm for you until you exit the bathroom.

Am I the only one who see just how ridiculous these laws are? I hope not.

This coming January when the new legislature session begins, it is hopeful that the Castle Doctrine allowing a person to defend themselves and their families within their private property will pass legislation and become a law Bill that will be signed into law by the Governor. Keep in mind this is one of the most anti gun Governors Wisconsin has ever had. So don't hold your breath, he is not looking to do us any favors. He has an armed entourage at his disposal so he could care less about your ability to defend yourself or your family without having to worry about being sued by the criminal or the criminals family for doing so.

Make an effort to become familiar with your Rights and remember a Right Not Exercised is a Right Lost.

Check out opencarry.org and sign the petition to repeal or amend these ridiculous laws and stop the infringement on our Rights.

Call your State Representative or State Senator and demand that they support legislation for a no compromise open carry/concealed carry non permitted system here in Wisconsin. Tell them if they don't support your Rights as afforded to you under the U.S and the Wisconsin Constitution, you will not support them at election time.

It is time we as law abiding citizens take a stand Wisconsin and stand united.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I wrote this article and sent it to the Kiel Tri County Record. It is a news paper that is distributed through out 3 counties I hope it is published. I also sent a copy of the OCDO pamphlet.

It has become apparent over the last 20 years that the people of this state have forgotten their very Rights of which this country was founded.

In this coming year the the Gun Rights Advocates in this state are uniting in a movement that will campaign against any State Representative, Senator or legislator that does not support an individuals God given Right to Keep and Bear Arms or their God given Right to Self Defense.

That's right, a campaign against incumbents and candidates that do not support these Rights.

Wisconsin has long been a state that is always the last to jump on the band wagon when it comes to such issues. Now it would seem that through some corrupt movement of the city government of Milwaukee, just maybe there will be some legislation for a fire arms carry Bill in Wisconsin.

Well, let's not jump for joy just yet. Let's look at the means of infringement that will follow.

First, the legislature will try to impose as many obstacles as possible to be able to exercise this God given Right.

Starting with a ridiculously unaffordable Permit Fee and then imposing a mandate on training that will again be ridiculously unaffordable to the average citizen. With out a doubt following these will be gun and gun owner registration.

So lets look at these issues. First off, the United States Supreme Court has on many occasions stated that a person does not have to be permitted, pay a fee, be trained or registered to exercise their rights under the Constitution.

With that in mind, why don't the legislation is Wisconsin set an example by adapting the Vermont System of fire arms carry. This would make sense.

Instead, there is already talk of mandatory training. Why would you need to be trained to do something you already know. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use a fire arm. Training should only be an option and nothing more.

There are already so called fire arms instructors lining up and weaseling their way to the legislative training with no other thought in mind then lining their pockets with greenbacks at the citizen's expense. Any legislator in support of these weasels will surely get compensation of some kind.

Being permitted to exercise a Right makes that Right nothing more than a privilege.

Therefore, Wisconsin should pass a no compromise concealed carry/ open carry, non permitted system such as Vermont's which is the oldest recognized system in the country. If it works for Vermont it can work for Wisconsin. after all if the legislators are only going to copy another states system then why not Vermont's?

The unconstitutional fire arms laws that plague this state are the cause of the high crime rates we enjoy today.

The Gun Free School Zone laws which have already been declared unconstitutional on the federal level do nothing more then assist criminals who ignore these laws anyway.

Why can't the legislator's of this state understand that if the teachers and law abiding adults at Columbine High School would have been armed the out come would have been different and the massacre would have ended with fewer deaths or injuries?

The same goes with Virginia Tech. Do you think this can not happen in Wisconsin? Think again.

The Gun Free School Zone Law needs to be amended to read, no person may carry a fire arm within 1000 feet of a school used for the education of children in grades K-12, illegally or for unlawful purposes. Simple as that. This would allow law abiding citizens to carry within the school zone for self defense and for the defense of others.

The transportation restriction for fire arms in this state are nothing more than an extension of the long arm of the already corrupt DNR trying to restrict and infringe on our rights.

A fire arm must be unloaded, encased and out of your reach in order to be transported legally in Wisconsin.

With that in mind, if you are being car jacked, simply request that the car jacker wait until you have retrieved your fire arm from the trunk or farthest out of reach area of your vehicle and load it before resuming the car jacking. I am sure the car jacker will understand and abide by your request. Or you can always just give up your vehicle with possibly your children and your fire arm inside in an effort to save yourself.

Why should these legislators ever be allowed to put us in such a position? They shouldn't. It is abuse of authority and blatant infringement on our Rights.

How about the law which states you can not carry a fire arm into a business that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises.

Let me bring to your attention the true story of former Texas Legislator Susanna Hupp. I will quote a Wikipedia article which reads,

"On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen. She had left her handgun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time which forbade carrying a concealed weapon. When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle. Her father, Al Gratia, tried to rush Hennard and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Hennard put a gun to her mother's head as she cradled her mortally wounded husband. Hupp's mother and father were killed along with twenty-one other persons. Hennard also wounded some twenty others. As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that had there been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant."

Another ridiculous infringement on our Rights is the law that states you can not carry a fire arm into a building which is owned by the government or it's subdivisions or in State parks.

This means you cannot protect yourself from a serial killer who may be stalking the State Parks in search of their next victim, nor can you use the public bathrooms in City Parks or on County Trails. I guess you have to simply leave a yard biscuit on the lawn or disarm and leave your fire arm lying on the grass outside the bathroom. Maybe you could ask a passerby ( who may even be a felon) to hold the fire arm for you until you exit the bathroom.

This coming January when the new legislature session begins, it is hopeful that the Castle Doctrine allowing a person to defend themselves and their families within their private property will pass legislation and become a law Bill that will be signed into law by the Governor. Keep in mind this is one of the most anti gun Governors Wisconsin has ever had. So don't hold your breath, he is not looking to do us any favors. He has an armed entourage at his disposal so he could care less about your ability to defend yourself or your family without having to worry about being sued by the criminal or the criminals family for doing so.

Make an effort to become familiar with your Rights and remember a Right Not Exercised is a Right Lost.

Check out opencarry.org and sign the petition to repeal or amend these ridiculous laws and stop the infringement on our Rights.

Call your State Representative or State Senator and demand that they support legislation for a no compromise open carry/concealed carry non permitted system here in Wisconsin. Tell them if they don't support your Rights as afforded to you under the U.S and the Wisconsin Constitution, you will not support them at election time.

This Article was in fact published on Nov. 4, 2009

We need more articles top be published like this one. I originally sent it in as an Opinion and it was published taking up nearly the entire page of the news paper.

Everyone please, follow up and send something in. The more news papers that print these types of letters and articles, means the more people will read them. We can get into these people homes for free. Send those letters out.

comp45acp

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:

Why can't the legislator's of this state understand that if  the teachers and law abiding adults at Columbine High School would have been armed the out come would have been different and the massacre would have ended with fewer deaths or injuries?

This Article was in fact published on Nov. 4, 2009

We need more articles top be published like this one. I originally sent it in as an Opinion and it was published taking up nearly the entire page of the news paper.

Everyone please, follow up and send something in. The more news papers that print these types of letters and articles, means the more people will read them. We can get into these people homes for free. Send those letters out.

Oh good-now the residents of at least 3 counties know that you don't know how to spell the word FIREARM no matter how many times you type it, that you think that instructors who teach people how to be safe and lawful in their use of deadly force are "weasels", accused legislators who would support training in a carry bill (which will be all of them) of setting themselves up to get graft payments from said instructors (this one will really make you credible with members of our legislature J.Gleason). Brilliant, simply brilliant.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
Oh good-now the residents of at least 3 counties know that you don't know how to spell the word FIREARM no matter how many times you type it, that you think that instructors who teach people how to be safe and lawful in their use of deadly force are "weasels", accused legislators who would support training in a carry bill (which will be all of them) of setting themselves up to get graft payments from said instructors (this one will really make you credible with members of our legislature J.Gleason). Brilliant, simply brilliant.
Gotta love this, Just more evidence that you Compromise45AllforaCarryPermit are nothing more than a troll.

You show no support here at all only criticism in every post you write. Your nothing more than an anti posing as as pro.

By the way it's fire arm and not "FIREARM." ( Two words not one. I know I know your not real familiar with them, so your not real familiar with the spelling either.)

Your credibility has now been destroyed at your own hand.

Thank you for showing your true colors. Now everyone understands that they can ignore your comments.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

We need to get more articles and letters to the Editors out in papers that cover multiple counties.

These papers will reach into thousands of homes through out the state and it won't cost us a dime.

Get those fingers to work!

Carry On!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Does anyone else know of any other tri county or multi county news papers who except letters to the editor?

If no one else is willing to write these letters I guess I will.