• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Board elections.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I sent this email out to all paying members. If you do not get an email, then PM me and let me know. Current officer contact info is http://miopencarry.org/page.php?Contacts

Dear paying Members,

The temporary terms will beup for Vice President and Secretary in mid November. We need some nominees for these two positions. You can nominate yourself or any member in good standing. Make sure the person you nominate will accept the nomination[/b]. Each member can nominate only one person for each office. We could have several candidates for each office. Please look over the duties of the officers below. We want dedicated people that HAVE THE TIME to devote to the duties described. We want dedicated and well organized people to be elected.

Fill out the form attached and send to the address on the form. If you want to nominate yourself fill out the application form and return to the address on the form.

Once we have the nominations confirmed, they will have a chance to pitch their candidacy to the members (A brief summary of their qualifications and why they want to serve, etc.). After a period of time we will vote on the candidates and the winner will be the person with the most votes.

My best,
Brian Jeffs, President

3.5 Voting Rights.

Voting rights are allocated as follows:

(a) Regular and Student Class. Each person that is member of the regular class is entitled to one indivisible vote on each matter submitted to a vote of the members.

(b) Family Class. Each family that is a member of the family class is entitled to one indivisible vote on each matter submitted to a vote of the members.

(c) Supporting and Honorary Classes. Each member of the, supporting, and honorary classes does not have a vote on any matter submitted to a vote of the members.

6.9 Vice President.

When the President is absent, cannot act, or refuses to act, the Vice President performs the President’s duties. When acting in the President’s place, the Vice President has all the powers of, and is subject to all the restrictions on, the President. The Vice President performs other duties as assigned by the President or Board.

6.8 President.

The President is the corporation’s chief executive officer. The President supervises and controls the Corporation’s business and affairs and presides at all meetings of the members and of the Board. The President may execute any deeds, mortgages, bonds, contracts, or other instruments that the Board authorizes to be executed. However, the President may not execute instruments on the Corporation’s behalf if this power is expressly delegated to another officer or agent of the Corporation by the Board, these By-Laws, or statute. The President performs other duties prescribed by the Board and all duties incident to the office of President.

6.11 Secretary.

(1) Gives all notices as provided in the By-Laws or as required by law.

(2) Takes minutes of the meetings of the members and the Board and keep the minutes as part of the corporate records.

(3) Maintains custody of the corporate records and seal.

(4) Affixes the corporate seal to all documents as authorized.

(5) Keeps a register of the mailing address of each member, Governor, officer, director and employee of the Corporation.

(6) Performs duties as assigned by the President or the Board.

(7) Performs all duties incident to the office of Secretary

T Vance

imported post

I nominate Cabman for Vice President. He has done alot in the Jackson and surrounding areas to promote OC. I am going to wait and see who wants the other position. I'd like too, but I have a very hectic schedule with school and I'd hate to take a position only to end up neglecting it. So I'll just contribute to this movement as I have been.

Good luck!

Venator

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I nominate Cabman for Vice President. He has done alot in the Jackson and surrounding areas to promote OC. I am going to wait and see who wants the other position. I'd like too, but I have a very hectic schedule with school and I'd hate to take a position only to end up neglecting it. So I'll just contribute to this movement as I have been.

Good luck!
Great just fill out the form and send it in or it doesn't count. Procedure you know.

Venator

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
can you edit your post to add the attachment to it? ;-)
The forms are available only to MOC, Inc. members. All members should have the forms attached to their emails that I sent earlier today.

T Vance

imported post

Could the people that want to run for these positions post that, and what they want to run for on this forum? This way I'll know who would want to run for secratary. I PMed someone I'd vote for (and think would be good at it, just have not heard back from them yet).

BTW, how many actual MOC members are there?

Venator

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Could the people that want to run for these positions post that, and what they want to run for on this forum? This way I'll know who would want to run for secratary. I PMed someone I'd vote for (and think would be good at it, just have not heard back from them yet).

BTW, how many actual MOC members are there?
Yes, if people want to post if they are interested in an office they can. But they still have to fill out the forms and send them in, for record keeping purposes.