• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was shaking like a leaf!

tyguy808

imported post

Okay guys, I know I've been asking some far out questions lately trying to get around CC. My damn CPL hasn't come it yet. Hurry up will ya!

I returned home on Friday from a two week hitch on my tugboat(work) and got to go around with my new pistol.

I went with my wife to Walmart and open carried through the door, not a mention from anyone. Still a little nervous I kept to myself and carried close to my cart for another five minutes. No mention yet andmy confidence went up a great deal. I let my wife push the cart for a bit and nothing happened. Towards the end of my visit I spoke with a manager and he said nothing.

The day went on with a couple stops at some spook stores (Happy Halloween fellas) for the kids. Nothing again.

My wife insisted on Costco, so I locked it in the glovebox and went shopping there. Then clean out of thin air she asked for dinner at the Olive Garden, hid it away again and ate dinner.

It wasnt til Monday that we went shopping for a new car, before anyone said anything about my gun on my side. A salesman asked if I was a cop! I responded "no". Then another salesman chimed in asking if I was any kind of LEO, again I responded "no". A third salesman (he may have been a manager)hollared over to the others and said " you guys, he's just SMART, can't you see he has a beautiful wife and a newborn baby!!!" made me feel fricken GREAT that someone else knew that this was OK. He and I educated the other two salesmen.

Well thats my first OC story.

-Tyguy808

Commodore76

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
What car dealership, and did you get that salesmans name? Sounds like he could use some more business from those in the area...:D

You gotta share the name of the car company! More businesses need to be praised and patronized for supporting what is right! The more we spread the word and the more business they get, well, money is a great motivator to continue doing right.

Good on that manager!

Welcome to the RIGHT side!

If you don't hear about your permit by the 30 day mark, nicely apporach the issuing agency again and inquire. Depending on your encounter, take action from there. Always be nice, though! Make a thread here if you're not getting satisfaction. We're here for each other as much as possible!

Respectfully,

Commodore

tyguy808

imported post

It was Rairdon's used lot on Iowa street in Bellingham. I didn't catch the first guys name. The second guys name was Jeff and I didn't catch the managers name either. I wish I could have bought something there but I'm having some personal finance issues.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great Job! Should have called me or PM'ed brah, I would have opened carried with you for your first outing. If you are back in town this week wanna grab some coffee, lunch?

tyguy808

imported post

James... I remember that. You seemed shocked to see an OC'er in PD. All is well with the family. I actually passed you and the wife in the Walmart parking lot a few days ago, I said hi to your wife, she probably didn't remember me.

Carry on-

Tyler