• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo Supply

Capn Camo

imported post

" Just shy of 20,000 rounds here, for 10 weapons."

A bare minimum...

Word from ammo manufacturer thru my buddy/FFL is that they cannot produce ammo fast enough (obvious) because of several reasons:

1.) Military using M/AR brass overseas
2.) dirty manipulation by the Fed to destroy once-fired brass for said weapons, which was repealed. Making the brass is expensive and some/much of it uses once fired mil training brass
3.) It takes 10 days to reconfigure a plant to produce some other caliber in retooling and testing. Cant afford to shut down to retool for caliber changes. I may not be citing that exactly correct, but its close.

Im told small cal is extremely hard to get. Natchess limited me to one case a day of 223.

Wolf, for example, has a 500.000 round minimum for dealers, just take a WILD guess at how much ammo is out there in the Publics hands? A ship load:what:

simmonsjoe

imported post

jhow1nm2 wrote:
Stopped in a Walmart in eastern California and found .40 SW, but they would only sell me two boxes. I asked if I could buy 2 boxes of that and 2 of some 12 gauge. She said no. only two boxes....in 24 hours...new company policy.

That isn't company policy. Its only two boxes of handgun ammo. you can buy everything in stock of 12ga. (unless it's only in CA)

TFred is right on. They never know what they're talking about. Never ever ask them about their policy, just 'correct' them on it when they tell and you can get away with all kinds of crap at wally world. Remember the lady selling you bullets is from the fabric department or paint or something.