• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2-wheeled Unicorn spotted at 5:15PM 10/29 On Sterling Blvd

curtiswr

imported post

Was it a blue bike?

I traded an OD Glock 19 to a guy that was big into OD Glocks... that looks more like a subcompact model though.. but he probably had one of them. I don't think he had his bike set up like that though and his was more of a bright blue... and I'm 99% positive those weren't his plates.

Either way... :dude:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

The other thing that is hard to notice in this pic is thatthere is a slit in his jacket to make a hole for the firearm. I would almost be afraid of the jacket riding up and unholstering it.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's no slit in the jacket. The pistol is carried inside the waistband. What you think is the slit, is the belt of his chaps.

AEubanks

imported post

I have to ask, what is the unicorn thing? I saw another thread about 2 wheeled unicorn, and I am freaking lost here.... fill me in?

Harper1227

imported post

AEubanks wrote:
I have to ask, what is the unicorn thing? I saw another thread about 2 wheeled unicorn, and I am freaking lost here.... fill me in?
a unicorn sighting is when you see another person OC'ing. i would guess the term comes from the mythical 'unicorns' which arenever seen -because its rare to actually see another OC'er.

nova

imported post

fizzer wrote:
What is that on his left side, looks like a 6 inch barrel.
looks like a flashlight or collapsible baton

ed

Wangmuf

imported post

ed wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
ed wrote:
nova wrote:
fizzer wrote:
What is that on his left side, looks like a 6 inch barrel.
looks like a flashlight or collapsible baton

I think it was a phone/mp3 player
whats that below his gun? just above his seat? :lol:

It looks like the waistband of his chaps.
Ha! I think she meant his butt!
I think you're right, but more specifically, I think she wanted a close-up :D

vt800c

imported post

while I appreciate the post...I wonder of the procedures of exposing the rider's plate. Would YOU want your plate on this kind of site when you were OCing? I think there might be enough leftist 'doo-gooders' that not only hate OC but have a dislike of bikers in general.

you may have inadvertantly paint a target on this guys back.

He may be proud..but put yourself in his boots. I'd ask that the plate be blanked out and at most identify it with a partial. (G***S)

Lets also think about taking care of each other too....

ed

imported post

vt800c wrote:
while I appreciate the post...I wonder of the procedures of exposing the rider's plate. Would YOU want your plate on this kind of site when you were OCing? I think there might be enough leftist 'doo-gooders' that not only hate OC but have a dislike of bikers in general.

you may have inadvertantly paint a target on this guys back.

He may be proud..but put yourself in his boots. I'd ask that the plate be blanked out and at most identify it with a partial. (G***S)

Lets also think about taking care of each other too....
I figure if he is drivin down the road for all to see and he is OC then he doesnt care. It is not like my telling you that he CC's and he is hiding that.

Harper1227