• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On the phone with Ken Cuccinelli and Chris Cox of the NRA

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm currently listening in on a phone call with Ken Cuccinelli and Chris Cox of the NRA while others on the phone call ask questions. Any of you others get this call? I'm still at work and have it on speakerphone, so I'm glad to be able to listen in.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
I'm currently listening in on a phone call with Ken Cuccinelli and Chris Cox of the NRA while others on the phone call ask questions. Any of you others get this call? I'm still at work and have it on speakerphone, so I'm glad to be able to listen in.
Is this a call-in to a radio show type of thing, or have you just confessed to violating VA's wire-tapping statute? :):p This is a one-party consent state, you know.

VApatriot

imported post

On a related note, the NRA is running an ad where Chris Cox is encouraging people to show up and vote for KC. None of the other state-level candidates are mentioned.

Oddly enough, I heard this ad on 93.3 WFLS. The F-L-S stands for "Free Lance Star", the very same as thepaper that loves to run the names and addresses of permit holders.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I thought I was getting auto-dialer call with just a recorded message, however the recorded message asked me to stay on the line as a conference call with Chris Cox and Ken Cuccinelli was about to begin. NRA members were prompted to press *3 on their phone if they would like to speak with either gentlemen and they would be placed in queue to speak. I waited about 20 minutes into the call to indicate that I had a question, which was going to be "As attorney general what will you do to force state parks and forests to comply with the pre-emption of gun carry laws at the state level? Further what will you do to ensure that state funded colleges are forced to remove their restrictions on gun carry for students, staff and faculty?" After a while of waiting and listening to the various callers an operator beeped in and asked for my name, hometown and question and then noted that I would be put in queue to ask my question.

My time for question never did come around before the phone call ended at the hour mark. Listening to this call, however, was quite discouraging since so many of the questions asked were in regard to mis-information and thoughts on gun law restrictions that just don't exist. Anyone with a bit of time and curiosity could find the answers to some of the questions if only they'd take a moment to look. I guess this is my queue to do more to ensure people know about what laws and restrictions are real and what freedoms they do have to practice every day.

vt800c

imported post

...many of the questions asked were in regard to mis-information and thoughts on gun law restrictions that just don't exist.
How were these misinformed questions answered? Did KC put forward the point of the LEGAL things we enjoy in VA?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The answers to the questions were answered in an acceptable manner, but some of them were over topics that have been re-hased here many times, such as "What are we going to do about HR 45?" or "I keep hearing there's going to be a massive tax increase on ammo...." Some of them were topics that if a person was tuned in at all to what was happening they'd know the answer.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
I thought I was getting auto-dialer call with just a recorded message, however the recorded message asked me to stay on the line as a conference call with Chris Cox and Ken Cuccinelli was about to begin. NRA members were prompted to press *3 on their phone if they would like to speak with either gentlemen and they would be placed in queue to speak. I waited about 20 minutes into the call to indicate that I had a question, which was going to be "As attorney general what will you do to force state parks and forests to comply with the pre-emption of gun carry laws at the state level? Further what will you do to ensure that state funded colleges are forced to remove their restrictions on gun carry for students, staff and faculty?" After a while of waiting and listening to the various callers an operator beeped in and asked for my name, hometown and question and then noted that I would be put in queue to ask my question.

My time for question never did come around before the phone call ended at the hour mark. Listening to this call, however, was quite discouraging since so many of the questions asked were in regard to mis-information and thoughts on gun law restrictions that just don't exist. Anyone with a bit of time and curiosity could find the answers to some of the questions if only they'd take a moment to look. I guess this is my queue to do more to ensure people know about what laws and restrictions are real and what freedoms they do have to practice every day.
I've been in on several of these calls. If the candidate doesn't want to answer your question, you will get "put in the queue" but never, ever make it on the air.

Got this same call, and hung up since the only thing I agree with Cuccinelli on is guns, and an NRA forum is not appropriate for the other questions I'd ask.