• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take this survey

suntzu

imported post

Short survey I found that has an OC related question.

Please take a few minutes and take the survey.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...6-94b58dc05f6b _

Edited to add: this was originally posted at o.com.Some of their membershave been posting stating they took the survey--their opinion could severely skewer the survey which was posted by one of their members--I just think it's fair we take the time to check and balanceby also taking it :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The wording of the questions was skewed and manipulative. At times it was also just flat asking about something that does not exist in reality.

Did anyone else wonder why age, "ethcnicity", and other demographic info was required? And given that, how come "occupation" was not required - afraid of getting too many "welfare leech" responses?

stay safe.

skidmark

Bull Frog

imported post

suntzu wrote:
Short survey I found that has an OC related question. 

Please take a few minutes and take the survey.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...6-94b58dc05f6b _

Edited to add:  this was originally posted at o.com.  Some of their members have been posting stating they took the survey--their opinion could severely skewer the survey which was posted by one of their members--I just think it's fair we take the time to check and balance by also taking it :D

A survey I once took, but in my mouth a foul hole released nasty stuff, so I am really at a loss to make anything else rhyme .... unless it means a really good time ....

suntzu

imported post

skidmark wrote:
The wording of the questions was skewed and manipulative. At times it was also just flat asking about something that does not exist in reality.

Did anyone else wonder why age, "ethcnicity", and other demographic info was required? And given that, how come "occupation" was not required - afraid of getting too many "welfare leech" responses?

stay safe.

skidmark
Surveys and polls generally have their questions skewered and manipulated to produce a lopsided opinion.

The questions about age, ethnicity and occupation are questions that you could answer truthfully or not--and the survey taker would truly never know--as in all questionnaires, the results produced depends on the honesty of those answering the questions...

PavePusher

imported post

suntzu wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
Surveys and polls generally have their questions skewered and manipulated to produce a lopsided opinion.

The questions about age, ethnicity and occupation are questions that you could answer truthfully or not--and the survey taker would truly never know--as in all questionnaires, the results produced depends on the honesty of those answering the questions...
"Ethnicity?" - 'Human'

suntzu

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
suntzu wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

"Ethnicity?" - 'Human'
Exactly :D

suntzu

imported post

KaptainK wrote:
o.com...as in oprah? :cuss::banghead:

done
nope, not oprah.

I like to visit their site now and then to get a feel for how they think. It can be quite an eye opening, mind boggling experience at times I admit.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I took it... and took my time doing it. In short and partially... Rights would exist if there were no government at all. Rights are not granted by government. Government has no rights... only authority granted by the people. Government abuse of that authority is tyranny.

suntzu

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I took it... and took my time doing it. In short and partially... Rights would exist if there were no government at all. Rights are not granted by government. Government has no rights... only authority granted by the people. Government abuse of that authority is tyranny.

about the same things I said. I too took my time with it.

KaptainK

imported post

suntzu wrote:
KaptainK wrote:

done
nope, not oprah.

I like to visit their site now and then to get a feel for how they think. It can be quite an eye opening, mind boggling experience at times I admit.

gottcha, when I looked up o.com that was the first thing to come up, And its not too hard to imagine them spouting some anti garbage.

Anyway, any links to results

suntzu

imported post

KaptainK wrote:
suntzu wrote:
KaptainK wrote:

done
nope, not oprah.

gottcha, when I looked up o.com that was the first thing to come up, And its not too hard to imagine them spouting some anti garbage.

Anyway, any links to results
http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=132894

is the original thread on the site. No results have been posted--whether the OP on O.com will post results is yet to be seen.

suntzu

imported post

KaptainK wrote:
Well at lease it is good to know some of "those open carry whack jobs" (#3) got to put in some say on the survey.

that's exactly why I posted it here :D

Their feelings toward the people can be eye opening.

just remember--when it asks "ethnicity" I think it means "human" like Pavepusher stated earlier ;)