• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ex-PAPD Chief denies CCW

chewy352

imported post

Bad example he already showed disregard for the law by sexually assaulting two other employees:

an employee who was two days from retirement surprised a female officer by kissing her on the lips. Later that day, he did the same thing to another female officer "while grabbing her head and forcing physical contact."

According to the report, the officer made remarks "to the effect that he was beyond discipline because of his impending retirement." The investigation found the employee had also previously made sexually offensive remarks to a third female officer.

The employee, who is not named in the report, was put on administrative leave at the outset of the investigation, the audit notes.

Lynne Johnson, who was police chief at the time, also used her discretion to deny the employee a permit to carry a concealed weapon after his retirement.

After his comment about being beyond discipline I wouldn't want him to have a CCW either.

demnogis

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Wait... you read the newspaper? Like as in printed paper? Weird.
Funny... When I worked in the newsprint biz, we all used to joke that big papers were like lemmings. They all had the opportunity to change and adapt to the new "electronic age", but decided not to. Now they've all been bought up by "infotainment" companies and/or NEWSCORP.