• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTS Sig Sauer P229 .40S&W (2 available) +EXTRAS

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

no offense taken or anything. If it was true, it was kinda funny.

Knowing it isn't, its still kinda funny.

You actually bring up an interesting point. Nobody but the state can regulate firearm sales, but can they regulate magazines, ammo, that sort of thing?

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
no offense taken or anything. If it was true, it was kinda funny.

Knowing it isn't, its still kinda funny.

You actually bring up an interesting point. Nobody but the state can regulate firearm sales, but can they regulate magazines, ammo, that sort of thing?

No they cannot. Presuming by nobody you actually mean a local unit of government. Private property rights are a different animal.

Michigan Legislature FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION (EXCERPT)
Act 319 of 1990
123.1102 Regulation of pistols or other firearms.
Sec. 2.
A local unit of government shall not impose special taxation on, enact or enforce any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner the ownership, registration, purchase, sale, transfer, transportation, or possession of pistols or other firearms, ammunition for pistols or other firearms, or components of pistols or other firearms, except as otherwise provided by federal law or a law of this state.

Sorry to take away from the OP. I have a P229 myself and would definitely recomend them to anyone. But I hear the extra magazines are not so great. If you buy one of these you should just take the 10 round magazine and leave the others for some other sucker to buy!

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

AA32.jpg