• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Highly Off topic, mcdonalds monopoly!

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!!!!!

Also to add, I visited the mcdonalds on 3rd and Pine today in downtown Seattle. There is always this asian SPD officer there, and I mean ALWAYS. So i walk over, he is by the soda refill machine, I barely mutter, so do you get paid more to guard here? And he turns and mutters yes and walks away. How rude. I was going to engage in conversation! He is a motorcycle officer, always there standing around sipping coffee, reading the paper.

antispam540

imported post

You do realize this is like finding Willy Wonka's golden ticket, right? It's easy to find all of a set but one piece, and there are only 2 or 3 of that one piece ever made. It makes people feel like they're getting closer to winning, so they keep buying McDonald's food.

If people knew there were only 3 or 4 actual winning pieces out there, they wouldn't buy nearly as much.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I know the chances of winning are so lame...but at least it gives me something to look forward to. But even then, if there are those game pieces out there, and someone who has it reads this, and wants to get some money, it will be worth it.

usaf0906

imported post

It seems you eat alot of McDonalds.. were you OCing while buying all these meals?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I am not legally able to OC a handgun, but can with a rifle, but do not (Oh, the panick that would bring to happy meals and children!). To tell you the truth, I live near southcenter and commute to South Seattle and downtown quite a bit and HAVE NEVER SEEN AN OCer. Sometimes I wonder, how the heck I have never run into an OCer, except at a gunstore, or the range in kent. I know people are concealed a lot, and I won't know, but you got to get the word out and OC more often. I actually had some interesting conversations with some of the mall guards at southcenter, that tell me how unsafe they feel, because they cannot carry anything other than a radio. They also wondered why they still work there and were going to quit soon. I told them about OCDO and they liked the idea of not having to get a permit or registering or anything. It probably helped that I wasn't carrying anything, so I didn't seem too biased.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

You have the 1 piece of a 3 piece set... so that would count as 1/3. And that is if you don't have the rest of them, if you already have them all then go claim your prize. I am just trying to work together with somebody to at least get some prize money.

Gemini

imported post

joeroket wrote:
So if I have the elusive game piece you only want to give me 1/3rd?? Is this some kind of joke?
Eh, I agree. I have probably 100 of the darn things at work here....if I found the "elusive" third one, its an easy complete set. ;)

Trigger Dr

imported post

50% or 0

If I have and you need it, my chances are better than yours. You make the choice.

Oh Yeah, I do not have it.:D

Trigger Dr

imported post

It will come back to me some day.:D

joeroket wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

50% or 0

If I have and you need it, my chances are better than yours. You make the choice.

Oh Yeah, I do not have it.:D
You are much more generous than I Trigger Dr.

tricityguy

imported post

I think it was already stated above, but maybe not so clear: EVERYONE who eats at McDonalds regularly has every one of the pieces you have. I have like six Park Places right here, right now. The Park Place piece is not worth a million dollars; it's the Boardwalk piece. Likewise with the rest of them. I have a full game board completely filled out minus every piece you're also missing.

My point is, if anyone came across the pieces you are missing, they'd effectively be winners just with that one piece. That's the rare piece that's worth the money. There's only one Boardwalk in the country floating about; your Park Place isn't worth the paper it's printed on. The non-rare pieces are a dime a dozen. I mean, if I found Ventor, $20 would buy enough McDonalds meals to come up with the other two.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Then this thread is a fail. It has been and is still now, every man for himself. Good luck men, maybe the piece be with you.