Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Help make History Thursday 19 ,2009

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    9;00 am Historic Monroe County Court Building { complete with illegal No Weapon zone at all meetings ] Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years ? If any interest lunch at Cafe Classic ? http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/governmen...d_weapons.html http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/governmen...ney/index.html http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/index.html http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/17431.html

  2. #2
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    taxwhat wrote:
    9;00 am Historic Monroe County Court Building { complete with illegal No Weapon zone at all meetings ] Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years ? If any interest lunch at Cafe Classic ? http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/governmen...d_weapons.html http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/governmen...ney/index.html http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/index.html
    Ah, they can't go back to the old way if it was to lock people out of the meeting.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    9;00 am Historic Monroe County Court Building { complete with illegal No Weapon zone at all meetings ] Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years ? If any interest lunch at Cafe Classic ? http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/governmen...d_weapons.html http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/governmen...ney/index.html http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/index.html
    Ah, they can't go back to the old way if it was to lock people out of the meeting.
    Lest we forget ............Good-Ole-Boys .........mentialaty ? And the City of Monroe's Brandishing Law ...Still on books ??

  4. #4
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    Unfortunately I have burned all my vacation for the year otherwise I would be there. I hope there are some people to help you out on this!
    United we STAND!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    36

    Post imported post

    When and where to meet?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    i feel kind of stupid for not getting this, but lease xplain to me what is needed.... i don't totally get it...

  7. #7
    Regular Member DanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,937

    Post imported post

    taxwhat wrote:
    Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years
    Why are you wanting to play along with theirgame? Isn't what they're saying just another form of attempting to control you unreasonably? Just because no one shows doesn't mean they can go back to doing things illegally.Didn't you just go through a process of making them drop their illegal acts? I say DON'T attend at least the next two meetings, then randomly attempt to attend subsequent ones.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

    “He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

  8. #8
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    DanM wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years
    Why are you wanting to play along with theirgame? Isn't what they're saying just another form of attempting to control you unreasonably? Just because no one shows doesn't mean they can go back to doing things illegally.Didn't you just go through a process of making them drop their illegal acts? I say DON'T attend at least the next two meetings, then randomly attempt to attend subsequent ones.
    Why?

  9. #9
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    dougwg wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years
    Why are you wanting to play along with theirgame? Isn't what they're saying just another form of attempting to control you unreasonably? Just because no one shows doesn't mean they can go back to doing things illegally.Didn't you just go through a process of making them drop their illegal acts? I say DON'T attend at least the next two meetings, then randomly attempt to attend subsequent ones.
    Why?
    Because the board said if no one attends a couple of meetings they will go back to breaking the law. DanM's suggestion would challenge that statement.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  10. #10
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    aaaaaHHHHHH, ok.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Please if possible make a showing .County states if no one attends in the next two meetings its back to the old way the way its been done the last 20 years
    Why are you wanting to play along with theirgame? Isn't what they're saying just another form of attempting to control you unreasonably? Just because no one shows doesn't mean they can go back to doing things illegally.Didn't you just go through a process of making them drop their illegal acts? I say DON'T attend at least the next two meetings, then randomly attempt to attend subsequent ones.
    Why?
    Because the board said if no one attends a couple of meetings they will go back to breaking the law. DanM's suggestion would challenge that statement.
    So we are pro Gun ? Sit on your holster and see what happens ? This is best time to take aim on stupid actions . How many have sat in on Gun board meeting ? [yours for CPL don't count ] All that was asked is Education !!!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    My CPL meeting was behind closed doors. Just me and the gun board. Cabman was sitting out in the hallway. Not sure if it had to do with them investigating me for OCing when they wanted to charge me with CCW (yes the crime) in a motor vehicle.

  13. #13
    Regular Member detroit_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Monroe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,196

    Post imported post

    9am? i was gonna try and make it but i don't know if i can be there that early. how long does the meeting normally last?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    Darn. I would liketo attend but I have an Oathkeepers event that day up in White Lake.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    detroit_fan wrote:
    9am? i was gonna try and make it but i don't know if i can be there that early. how long does the meeting normally last?
    Most of time fireworks are in the beginning.Rest is just paper pushing .

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    Quick note Very little bird told me Really Big Deal on agenda .





    Licensing board alters meeting schedule



    The Monroe County Con­cealed Weapons Licensing Board has changed its meet­ings for November and De­cember.

    The board will meet at 9 a.m. Thursday in the board of commissioners’ room located on the first floor of the Monroe County Court­house, 125 E. Second St.

    The board also will meet at 9 a.m. Dec. 17 in the com­missioners’ room.

    The meetings are open to the public.









    Powered by TECNAVIA


    ">Copyright 2009 Monroe Publishing Co. 11/17/2009



    }


  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post


    9. Citizens Time –

    Jan Jay, Exeter Township spoke regarding punctuality, Gun Board Hearings, 9-1-1 Board Meetings, courthouse security and proposed Citizens Time Policy. ............from Aug 25 Monroe County County Commisionors Meeting ,,,,, http://24.247.155.178/mcboardm.nsf/7...amp;Expand=1#1

  18. #18
    Regular Member detroit_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Monroe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,196

    Post imported post

    I tried to make it today but I just couldn't get free. I don't knowwhat the last post is?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    detroit_fan wrote:
    I don't what the last post is?
    This entire thread is confusing to me.

  20. #20
    Regular Member detroit_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Monroe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,196

    Post imported post

    were you able to make it taxwhat?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •