• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg Republican Rally

Jero1987

imported post

So this morning was the Republican Rally with Bob McDonnell, Scott Garret, Bill Bolling, Ken Cuccinelli, Michael Steele, and all the guys on his ticket. I am Libertarian but these guys are a million times better than Deeds. Of course I open carried, and the wife joined me! :)

Me with Lynchburg Sherrif Ron Gillispie:

My wife carried as well:

My Wife and I with Bob:

Us with Senator Steve Newman:

Over all it was a great time! With lots of positive OC comments and a few :what:'s towards my beautiful wife haha

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wish me and the new wife could've been there with you Jero, but the need to be at work prohibited it for both of us. Hopefully we'll run across the two of you some time. :)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michael Steele was there?? He has some pretty fishy ideas about the 2nd Amendment, so I would be intrigued to know what his reaction was to all the OC'ing going on. He's from Maryland, after all.

Jero1987

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Nice pics, there Jero. Remember when you came down for the "100 man dinner" in Richmond, but don't remember your wife. Has she just recently started OC'ing?
We just got married Oct 3rd, and she has just started open carrying on a more regular basis. She is not 100% comfortable with it yet, but she definately wants to.

Michael Steele shook my hand and gave my Judge a good stare, but nothing negative was said. Bob was very happy we were there and was very happy about us carrying at his rally.

jmelvin - Yeah, lets grab a bite to eat sometime soon. The wife and I would love to get together with more lynchburg OC'ers.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey you've only been married one week longer than us! :) There are plenty of good places that are OC friendly, hopefully we can do dinner soon. It'll be good for the wives to have OC women buddies.

Jero1987

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
Hey you've only been married one week longer than us! :) There are plenty of good places that are OC friendly, hopefully we can do dinner soon. It'll be good for the wives to have OC women buddies.

Sounds awesome! :) Yeah, I think that would be really helpful for Erin. She open carries for the correct reasons and definately understands why OC is important. She just isn't used to the attention and carrying in general.

btw congrats on the marriage ;)