• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Announcing GUNPAL the 2A/RKBA alternative to PayPal!

obeygiant

imported post

In case you didn't see the news yesterday...

You are receiving this because you are subscribed to http://www.calguns.net/, California's premier 2A webforum, brought to you by GeoVario - the RKBA friendly host.

logo.jpg

(CALGUNS, INC.) - HEALDSBURG, CA. For Immediate Release Oct 29, 2009

Announcing GUNPAL, Inc. - A Revolutionary Way to Send Money on the Web.

Read about it on Calguns here

“GUNPAL, Inc. is a transaction-neutral online payments platform with a philanthropic spirit,” announces Founder/CEO Ben Cannon. "It is also the first serious competitor for PayPal Inc."
A percentage of each transaction is donated to a selected charity at no additional cost to the user. The initial list of organizations includes the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, and the Supercomputing Disease Research Center. Users can also suggest charities for consideration.
An avid supporter of constitutional rights, Cannon created a discrimination-free online payments application, starting with the recognition of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Prohibited by PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy", the $3 billion firearms and accessories industry has adopted GUNPAL as the payments platform of choice. “Firearms can only be sold by licensed dealers. GUNPAL is more convenient than other forms of payment as its comprehensive transaction tracking system is secure and reliable for our audits,” says Mitchel Chapman of WBtactical.com, a licensed firearms dealer.
An estimated one hundred million firearm owners nationwide now have a platform with which they can trade ammunition, scopes, and other accessories securely and hassle-free. As a socially responsible company, GUNPAL directs its firearm buyers to government documentation on current firearm laws and regulations and will provide licensed dealer listings by buyers' zip codes in a future release. Having dominated the firearms niche, GUNPAL is already targeting other under-served markets with several new projects under way.
With every line of code written in-house, most of the engineering effort has been dedicated to fraud prevention. GUNPAL’s unique anti-fraud and anti-phishing systems take a finer-toothed comb through customer data for maximum privacy and security. Reduced fraud cuts operating costs resulting in lower fees for most common transactions as compared to PAYPAL. Cannon's first company, GeoVario, LLC, was the natural choice for web-hosting services.
Founded in 2004, GUNPAL is a transaction-neutral online payment system that allows easy transfer of funds to anyone with an email address. Privately funded, GUNPAL has revolutionized the transfer of money with its pro-constitutional voice, unique anti-fraud approach, and philanthropic spirit. The company is expected to expand its services internationally in the near future.
For further information and questions, please contact pr@gunpal.net or visit http://www.gunpal.net
-Ben Cannon
CEO
GUNPAL, Inc.

––––––
Calguns, Inc. is California’s premier organization dedicated to serving the firearms community. Its 35,000 members enjoy the robust discussion forums at Calguns.com, one of the largest and most active on the internet. For more information visit http://www.calguns.com or contact media@calguns.com.

The Calguns Foundation (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org) is a non-profit legal defense fund for California gun owners. The Calguns Foundation works to educate government and the public and protect the rights of individuals to own and lawfully use firearms in California. Donate Now to support our rights!

( "Calguns", all associated variants and logos are © Copyright and Trademarks of Calguns, Inc. 2000-2009, All Rights Reserved. )
( "GeoVario", all associated variants and logos are © Copyright and Trademarks of GeoVario, LLC. 1994-2009, All Rights Reserved. )
( "The Calguns Foundation", "calgunsfoundation.org", all associated variants and logos are © Copyright and Trademarks of The Calguns Foundation. 2008-2009, All Rights Reserved. )

GunPal
Acceptable Use Policy
Anti-Fraud Policy
Fee Schedule
Privacy Policy
User Agreement

obeygiant

imported post

That may be the case but these ones are not:

The NRA and The Calguns Foundation are the latest additions to our Charitable Donations program.

darthmord

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
obeygiant wrote:
Announcing GUNPAL, Inc. - A Revolutionary Way to Send Money on the Web. ... The initial list of organizations includes the American Red Cross,
The American Red Cross and its chapters are anti-gun even to disarming cops.

Be that as it may, The American Red Cross does serve a valuable purpose even if they don't respect all of a citizen's rights.

That said, I don't donate money to the Red Cross and only occasionally donate blood due to them badgering & hounding me something fierce year ago about donating every 56 days. I'd rather stay off their radar.

obeygiant

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
obeygiant wrote:
Announcing GUNPAL, Inc. - A Revolutionary Way to Send Money on the Web. ... The initial list of organizations includes the American Red Cross,
The American Red Cross and its chapters are anti-gun even to disarming cops.

Be that as it may, The American Red Cross does serve a valuable purpose even if they don't respect all of a citizen's rights.

That said, I don't donate money to the Red Cross and only occasionally donate blood due to them badgering & hounding me something fierce year ago about donating every 56 days. I'd rather stay off their radar.
Well, as far as staying off the radar on GUNPAL you select the charity that you want to support during the transaction process. WRT you personally being able to stay off the radar you may have to join the witsec program in order for you to escape the clutches of the RedCross once they've gotten you to donate.:D

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

darthmord wrote:

I donated twice per month for about ten years, each donation requiring two hours with a needle in each arm - while laying on my CCW. I don't know how many Pt I sustained, that required single source platelet transfusions due to their compromised immune systems, but it was many tens or a hundred.

When the ARC enforced the policy, I found out by seeing the no-guns sign on the door. My protests were ignored. Now the ARC whines about a reduced donor population. SCROOM

MamaLiberty

imported post

Why does a private transfer of funds involve any donation to charity?

I'll keep using my credit card. They pay ME 5% to do so... and I've never paid them a penny of interest. :p Then I can choose my own charities.

bobcat

imported post

ML, I believe the advantage of GunPal is for small businesses/individuals that can't afford the astronomical merchant fees of the major credit cards and as a bonus, don't have to expose their business to PayPal.

You can still use your CC of choice and get your rebate %.

I just did biz with one of the sponsors here today and they almost lost my biz because their website shuttled me to Paypal.:X I WILL NOT use the anti gun Paypal. I'm voting with my $$. Fortunately I called and they politely and professionally took my order and conveyed that they are in the process of dumping Paypal...:)

Daddyo

imported post

I don't totally understand the programming reasons, but I'm told that PayPal is one of the only, and certainly the most trustworthy, payment service that will work with automatic fulfillment systems. That could be one reason retailers stay with them.

That's the only reason I use them. Most other writers I know, particularly those selling ebooks, would love to use somebody besides PayPal. Too freaking many rules, and if you p**s 'em off, they just lock you out. No warnings. Nothing. Your account is frozen and any money in it is theirs. I can't believe they've been in business this long.

MamaLiberty

imported post

bobcat wrote:
ML, I believe the advantage of GunPal is for small businesses/individuals that can't afford the astronomical merchant fees of the major credit cards and as a bonus, don't have to expose their business to PayPal.

You can still use your CC of choice and get your rebate %.
I do understand that the credit card companies charge a lot, but I seldom buy small amounts when I shop that way. Otherwise, I'm happy to send a check or cash. I only have problems when "paypal" is the only option. That's why I quit even looking at ebay.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Same here. Part of me dreads getting paid via GP because of not being able to spend it practically anywhere online, but it is imperative that it exist.
Nothing you really want is allowed on paypal anyway... ;-)

jbone

imported post

Has anyone got names of online gun retailers using this?

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Daddyo wrote:
I don't totally understand the programming reasons, but I'm told that PayPal is one of the only, and certainly the most trustworthy, payment service that will work with automatic fulfillment systems. That could be one reason retailers stay with them.

That's the only reason I use them. Most other writers I know, particularly those selling ebooks, would love to use somebody besides PayPal. Too freaking many rules, and if you p**s 'em off, they just lock you out. No warnings. Nothing. Your account is frozen and any money in it is theirs. I can't believe they've been in business this long.

The secret is to not keep any money in paypal. Just use the "backup funding" option.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Daddyo wrote:

The secret is to not keep any money in paypal. Just use the "backup funding" option.
I think it is best to simply use a service that doesn't threaten to steal money from people they hate.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Does this form of payment not make it easier for those who might be so inclined to amass a large paper trail of gun ownership? Cash is king, and has a very short term memory.