• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5 shootings in Jackson since last Sunday!

wally1120

imported post

Hey Kimberguy. T and I have some activity going on around us as well. Ifg SHTF tho then we meet one another at someones house. I have plenty of .45 ACP ammo for all the 45`s that are accessiable to us. But I also get people asking me why I carry. DUH hello is this a good enough reason?

T Vance

imported post

ANOTHER SHOOTING IN THE SAME AREA!

This story is interesting. To bad the Cit Pat lacks information in their story.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2009/11/jackson_police_respond_to_more.html#_login

November 12, 2009, 5:21PM
Jackson police were investigating a Tuesday report of shooting at First and Mason streets, one of several reported in the area in the last three weeks.

Someone reported a man was walking around with a gun (this is not a crime. I'm also curious to know, was he OCing, CCing, or was it in his hand? Was the gun registered, and was it register to him? Not that he needs one to OC, but did he have his CPL?)about 2 p.m. Tuesday.

Police responded, but did not find the man or any evidence of anyone or anything being hit by bullets. A half hour later, when a caller again reported he or she had seen the man, police returned and arrested him (why was he arrested? Just a few sentences ago the reporter writes "Police responded, but did NOT find any evidence of anyone or anything being hit by bullets", so what is the officers RAS?), Deputy Chief John Holda said.

The man faces possible charges of possessing and discharging a firearm, (again, what is the officers RAS?)Holda said.

He said the man did not provide officers with much information (he doesn't have to. Best bet is to STFU).

Police have not ruled out that this is connected to other shootings reported on or in the area of First Street since the end of October.

Two people were hurt, but both survived. On Oct. 29, a bullet went through a window and hit Mariah Gant, 17, as she slept in the 600 block of First Street (This could be the reason the man had a gun. Not that he commited any of these crimes, but because OF THESE CRIMES. It obviously isn't safe in that area as of lately. I'd carry one around there too!).

Holda said police have a list of people believed to possibly be involved in the shootings (where did these names come from. Was he on this list?).

Rashawn D. Cervantes, 21, was arrested Oct. 30 in the shooting of Richard Mullen, 29, who had a leg injury after he was shot in the 300 block of W. Mason Street.

T Vance

imported post

Maybe he was someone who came to Walmart last weekend and was educated about OC. Maybe he needed to walk to a store, or a friend's house and didn't feel safe without his SA, but doesn't have his CPL, and since he learned that OC is legal decided to do it since it has been a problem area lately.

I'm disappointed on the lack of info from the reporter, which makes me disappointed at the lack RAS the officers had for arresting this person. I've personally seen how the JPD has tried to "jam me up", so I wouldn't be suprised if that's what is happening here. Hopefully I am wrong.

Kimberguy

imported post

i agree with you on this, but i will say it merely could be a lack of education on the reporters part, there may have been good cause to arrest this person, but the way it is written does elude to the contrary. If you don't have the facts, don't report, or, just report the facts, don't speculate, i think that is more than likely the big issue. hopefully we'll find out what actually happened.

Kimberguy

imported post

i am definitely agreeing with you there, what I am saying is there may have been a legitimate arrest, or detainment... possibly. it very well could be that mlive got their facts wrong. but we will see.

T Vance

imported post

I'm not trying to "knock" the Jackson Citison Patriot either. They have done great things for the OC movement by informing the public about various picnics (they even did a story about the Cascade Falls picnic), and more recently the food drive Cabman started.

wally1120

imported post

Reasons like this, is if you are able to Legaly own a firearm then you shold be able to carry it however you please. For people that are in my sitution, What if someone that dosen`t care about the laws and stick a Gun,Knife, ETC to my Head,Throat,ETC What should I do? Now I do own Firearms that were either left at home, Or in a case in the trunk, UNLOADED. What the hell am I going to do? Pray they will give me a couple minutes to step out of my car, Load my Handgun, And then shoot them, I somehow dont see the criminal being that nice. The gun laws only affect the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. I think that is CRAP. I haven`t been in trouble with the law for 11 years now. Havent even been pulled over for a traffic violation. So I dont see why I would be such a threat to anyone. People need to realize that people that are under 21 have killed others, I wouldn`t be able to shoot someone, Unless I feared for my life.

Alright thank you for listing to me ranting and raveing. I just need to vent a little bit, I am just getting upset. I think it is stupid, I have owned firearms since I was 16, NEVER even thought about commiting a crime with any of them. But I am unable to protect my self properly in an event likes this every occurs.

Kimberguy

imported post

you need a paper bag to breath into? I understand where you are coming from wally, it sucks being under 21 and trying to carry without the option of having a CPL. You are a trooper to keep on getting on.
carry on brother.

wally1120

imported post

Always carry when I can, And dont plan on giving up. I will be tickled pink when I get my CPL, Not much will be stoping me then. Atleast I only have a year and 6 days till I can apply for it.