• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's Changed ?

Undertaker

imported post

WHATS CHANGED over the years?

1. Remember when we were in high school, squirell season or deer season meant a gun hanging in the rack of the pick up truck in the school parking lot.

2. Remember when every male in the class carried a pocket knife, and if you got a new Casexx for Christmas you had it out showing it off.

3. Remember keeping that machete in the truck with your fishing gear so you could cut a path down to the pond.

What happened to make the guns and knives more dangerous now than then?

Just a stroll down good ole' memory lane...................:banghead:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Undertaker wrote:
WHAT'S CHANGED over the years?

What happened to make the guns and knives more dangerous now than then?
American is vastly less rural than urban/suburban.

Being independent is no longer a source of pride in a market driven economy.

The families that once-upon-a-time shot 'coons for dinner now kiss government ass for their food stamps.

No one knows how to darn a shirt or sock but throws it away and wears a 'free' advertisement-logo-ed t-shirt (ust'a be an undershirt).

The Barney Fife town cop has been replaced by the paramilitarized JBT SWAT.

Respect has not been beat into anyone since ballcaps became de rigueur.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I can also remember getting on a bus in DC with two pistols going to the shooting range.

Not many people had cars/trucks at my HS.

Played many 'mumbly peg' games on court house lawn across from school.

Knives were traded and admired during school breaks.:dude:

Buy guns at Sears and a bunch of places. As a kid.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

My freind in Oregon, telling me about how during hunting season they were allowed to store their rifles in their lockers. I do remember shotguns in the windows of trucks at school parking lots, and our town of Bellingham isn't that rural.

DustoneGT

imported post

I am 25. I never lived in that world, but always knew something was wrong. I hated my time in public schools, constant locker searches in the 'gun free drug free' school zone. Drug dogs every week. Once a kid brought a small bottle of black powder and they evacuated to another school and tried to not let us contact parents (this was a couple years before kids all had cell phones).

Public schools are designed to instill a martial law mind set. They are now the antithesis of liberty.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

What has changed?

Wow, where do I start? The government has been creating a society of dependents, and it has worked. many people expect the government to supply everything for them and refuse to take the initiative or responsibility for their own actions! the more people that our govt. can make dependent on them, the more that same govt.can make the rules thatthese people must obey to stay firmly attached to the government teet.

When did it start? IMO, a long long time ago, but the most recent thing to change society into dependent automaton subjects instead of citizenswas in 1964 with the creation of the current welfare system.