• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle lawsuit brings out the beast in people

heresolong

imported post

Interesting. NRA get out of our business; Orick, thanks for representing the city in court for free. What a double standard.

Dave Workman

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Interesting. NRA get out of our business; Orick, thanks for representing the city in court for free. What a double standard.

Oh, what can I say?

These guys make it sooooo easy to write a column sometimes.Not to mention a few of the folks on this forum.....;)

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

I see quotes for the forum but i dont see the post.

makes me suspicious

Commodore76

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Seattle Lawsuit brings out the beast in people

Read the newspaper feedback sections for your weekend dose of vitriol, social bigotry, narrow mindedness and views of civil rights from the polar opposites.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d30-Seattle-lawsuit-brings-out-the-beast-in-people

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yfpgj7h

I don't know why anyone in a city would be upset with this article. Evidently, city people aren't the ones in favor of firearms anyway!

It beus hillbillies whokaint compleet a sintence and gots a particuler intrest in chewin tabacci whoisda problim!

Oh, and to the folks in Seattle who pay the bills for my fellow residents of small towns to exist, a sincere and heartfelt thank you. Don't know what we'd do without you! Yes, a$$hole, that was sarcasm.

Seattle firearms ban? Talk about a victimless law! I thought that laws were supposed to prevent one body from infringing the rights of another? Yeah, I know, we're way too far down the rabbit hole for that kind of logic!

(Make sure that you reread what I have writtenbefore you comment as I was only talking to those city folk who are directly paying the bills ofsmall towns. If that is not you, don't be offended.)

So, to you who oppose my right to self defense, guarantee me, in writing, that if I am accosted in the engine that fuels the State, it will be an act perpetuated by a lone, unarmed assailant. If criminals fight fair, I will reconsider packing a weapon myself.

Until then...well, I conceal MOST of the time, you'll never even know that I offend you! More and more, your silly little "I'm better than the rest of the State of Washington" attitude is inspiring folks like me to vigorously and VISIBLY defend our State and Federal Constitutional Rights.

Respectfully,

Commodore

Dave Workman

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
the thread opens up fine but the quote is no where in the thread

Oh, the quotes you see come randomly from posts in the Times, PI and the West Seattle blog. You just have to look for them. They're there.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

but the way the quotes are posted makes one think that each quote comes from each section. that you are quoting someone from each article

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

for squeak and anyone else

when one talks about an article then quotes right after it implys the quote is from that article. at least it did in journalism 101

Wear rubber-soled shoes and don’t stand in water when you click on those sites. There are more than 275 comments on the Times reader feedback site, and a rather pitiful – by comparison – 67 comments at the P-I site.

"NRA, I didnt elect you. Get the H out of my city. Same for all you stupid WA yokel losers. Go stick to your dumpy towns. The engine called Seattle that pays all your bills gets to make its own decisions. I thought you guys were all about local rights. But I know, your only true love, your gun, is crying out - "help, me daddy, help me, the liberals want to put me away, but I need to shoot...help me, yokel-daddy"
Less disturbing but perhaps as enlightening in terms of defining the problem that exists within the firearms community, is adebate among a segment of the Open Carry activists who want to argue over wording of the complaint filed by attorneys for the Second Amendment Foundation, National Rifle Association, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Washington Arms Collectors and five Seattle-area individuals. There’s an interesting thread devoted to this at the OpenCarry.org forum.

"I don't care for this mayor at all, but I trust the judgment of the vast majority of second amendment nut jobs even less. Go ahead and wrap yourselves tightly in your "rights", the rest of us will use our brains, our cell phones, the police, and maybe some pepper spray without screwing everything up in pursuit of some sort of fantasy of dropping the bad guys.

The West Seattle Blog is also rife with comment, though not as many as have been garnered by the newspapers, but certainly as interesting.]
[size= There does not appear to be much “middle ground” in this debate, and sentiment appears strongly tilted against the mayor. Defenders of the ban are certainly a devoted bunch, even though State Attorney General Rob McKenna has stated unequivocally that it is illegal under state statute, which I discussed [url=http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d28-SAF-NRA-file-lawsuit-to-overturn-Seattle-parks-gun-ban]here[/url] and here.

"Guns are illegal at schools and universities so why not a park?
Hey, Big man with a gun in your hand, do you feel strong?"

Dave Workman

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
for squeak and anyone else 

when one talks about an article then quotes right after it implys the quote is from that article. at least it did in journalism 101

In Journalism 101, they teach you to spell properly.

It's "implies."

In Journalism 101, you learn that a pull quote can be inserted anywhere.