• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first encounter with LE

vegasche1023

imported post

So I was pulled over last night a little after midnight. The officer asked me if I knew why she pulled me over(i was texting and swerved a little bit), I told her I was OCing. She said, "Ok, give me your DL and blue card." I reply that its in my back right pocket behind gun. She asks me to step out of my car and walk to squad car. I place my hands on "buddy bar," she removes my wallet from my back pocket(with my permission). Asks me why I(a KID) feel the need to carry a gun. I explain cuz you guys aren't always around. She tells me her first gun was my model Beretta but .45 instead of .40. Leaves my gun in my holster on me, runs my info and let's me go with a warning(failure to maintain lane), because I was cooperative and informed her about my gun right off the bat. When I first saw the lights in my rear-view mirror I was positive I was gonna be harassed, thankfully there are good cops out there.

carracer

imported post

Very first mistake and a serious one at that... TEXTING WHILE DRIVING! In the last 60 days here in Idaho, local to me, several deaths. One in particular a 17 year old high school student that ran his pickup head on into a school bus while his parents were in the car directly behind him. I cannot even imagine the devastation in their lives.

Good encounter with the LEO. Perhaps she was more impressed with your "weapon" more than you realized!

jfrey123

imported post

carracer wrote:
Very first mistake and a serious one at that... TEXTING WHILE DRIVING! In the last 60 days here in Idaho, local to me, several deaths.

Very true. I work insurance, and they're telling us now that "TWD" is more dangerous (and deadly) than DWI/DUI. Don't believe me? Every second you look down at your phone is a second you have taken your eyes off the road.There is nodifference between looking down and just closing your eyes. So next time you're driving, close your eyes long enough to send or read that text and see how you feel/react. (I will admit I text at red lights. I'd rather someone honk than end up under my tires).

Back to topic, that is a AWESOME story. Officer observed measure for her safety without disarming a citizen, and let him go without being harassed about the gun. :celebrate

Gordie

imported post

My only question for people who text behind the wheel, what is so important that you have to get/send the message right now, you just can't wait to pull over or reach your destination?

Phoenix David

imported post

The phone companies and the youth culture have done a good job of drilling and selling into peoples minds that you can't live without a cell phone and that you have to use it constantly even if by using in you are putting other safety in danger.