• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help from the Richmond Bunch

Jero1987

imported post

The Wife and I are trying to plan a day trip to Richmond sometime in the next week, and I thought it would be a good idea to ask you guys.

Any advice on activities to do in Richmond that are OC friendly?
Plus, if you can recommend any good places to eat in Richmond that would be helpful too.

Since moving to VA in '06, I have only been to Richmond a handful of times and only eaten at fuddruckers, for the OC dinner.

Any help would be nice, thanks guys and gals! :lol:

James

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What are your interests? The Museum of Fine Art, the Science Museum, the Historical Society, the State Library? All are OC friendly. Hollywood Cemetary has lots of historical figures planted there, as well as the bodies of folks who you read about in your history books (statues & people). Monument Avenue is worth a riding tour to see all the second-place trophies. :D(I'm a Yam Dankee - what did you expect?)

What do you like to eat? We've probably got at least 2 places that are OC friendly, unless it's German (can't find one place, friendly or not, in town :().

The best thing is to let us know when you are planning to be in town so we can see who can free up their schedule to meet up with you.

stay safe.

skidmark

Jero1987

imported post

I was planning on coming down Tuesday after I vote, and arriving around 12 - 1pm, just in time for lunch.

The Wife and I like to eat pretty much anything haha. She loves thai food, but we have both been all over the world and aren't very picky.

The science museum sounds like a blast. We enjoy all the things you listed and are up for anything, just needed some recommendations. :)

I wanted to check out some gun stores while in town and maybe get some range time in. (im sure people will have plenty of good advice on that one haha)

Thanks for any advice! :)

ClumsyCandy

imported post

skidmark wrote:
What are your interests? The Museum of Fine Art,

Museum of Fine Arts is closed until 2010 or 2011.

We've probably got at least 2 places that are OC friendly, unless it's German (can't find one place, friendly or not, in town :().
Only 2? I'm hoping thats a typo skid : )

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So I have outed myself on how often I go to the Museum of Fine Art. Can we just keep that between us?

Range time - Dominion Shooting Range. It's on the other side of town from your tourist-y stuff. $8/hour + buy their ammo. It's a nice place to shoot for being the only one in town. They do rent full-auto. Go ahead & buy an extra magazine or two - you will consider it money well spent.

No recommendations on where to eat, as there are too many good places. Generally stay away from the VCU area as most of it is geared towards college kids' appetites. That being said, there is a great Korean place on Grace 2 doors east of Harrison.

Remember to vote early and vote often. Hope you enjoy your visit to Richmond.

stay safe.

skidmark

AvianP

imported post

As skid said, Dominion shooting range on Midlothian is O.K. Nice guys there.

I recently visited Maymont Park for the 1st time....really cool! If you like animals or have kids, I'd reccomend it! I saw some bears and a few bald Eagles.