• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who is carrying this Holloween.

Xader

imported post

I tend to dress up for Halloween (even grown men like to play dress-up :lol:), and since this year I was generic WWII general, the OC'd 1911 fit the costume pretty well.

DocV

imported post

My daughter dressed up as Ziva David from NCIS, right down to the proper holster. Mom drew the line at her carrying the SIG. Daddy on the other hand....

Jenn

imported post

My husband and I took the kids around trick'er treating in Portsmouth (around their granparents house). We both OC'd and only a few people noticed.A neighbor we've known for years took her kids with us and she did not even notice till aboutthree hours later,only whenmy mom asked to check out my 9!No problems, and the kids had a blast.

jay75009

imported post

I open carried all day/night on halloween. Halloween is a criminals paridise, especialy for robberies/home invasions. its the only night of the year when they can guarantee if they knock odds are the door will open.

I spent the night at my disabled mothers house, handing out candy with her, with a Beretta 9mm in plain view on my hip. We had a group of wanna be punks look past my mother towards her 47" flatscreen and almost walk into the doorway untill i came around the corner and smiled. at that point they forgot thier candy and went on thier way.

OC really is a great deterant :-D

jay75009

imported post

yeah, my mother is 67 and uses a cane and is on oxygen, 3 punks vs her........she would have stood no chance.....put 6'4 armed Marine into picutre, they change thier minds on thier course of action. all in all it worked out for the best :-D

Tomahawk

imported post

McX wrote:
Find it please Tomahawk! We all need some good news here. Some say the civil authorities paruse this site to monitor. So let's give them something to monitor, something that may sway their opinions. Something where they say: Damn, that coulda' been my GrandMother, or that happened right down the street from...I see an opportunity for us here, and I could realy use some exciting and good news. How 'bout you?

I believe this was it:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/8581.html

jay75009

imported post

a troll is the same as a armchair warrior, someone who doesnt carry, has never drawn thier weapon. but makes up stories of self defense in kind of a fantasy and hopes other will belive it. im sure 80% of the ppl that share an encounter will be called a troll by at least one person......but the troll hunters are usualy people who live in cutsey neighborhoods with a 3% crime rate that dont belive anything bad could happen to anyone so.......its really up to you as person to believe a story or not. just cause someone is called a troll doesnt mean they are one lol

Tomahawk

imported post

McX wrote:
Tomahawk, boy there's some hair raising stories up there. What's a troll by the way?

A troll is internet speak for somebody who joins a forum like this one with no genuine interest in the subject of discussion. His only goal is to incite arguments, insults, and to generally cause hate and discontent.

Some do it the crude and obvious way, but using lots of foul language. Others are much smarter about it and conceal their motives by trying to sound reasonable even as they needle and egg on the forum members.