Thread: sks clip

Post imported post

hey guys im in need of a sks clip can anyone help me thanks

Post imported post

maynerd wrote:
    hey guys im in need of a sks clip can anyone help me thanks
    Clip? Or magazine?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

sorry mag

Post imported post

Sorry, I dont use mags on my SKSs otherwise I would just give you one of mine. I know The Gun Room in Lakewood usually stocks the 30 rounders and 5280 usually has some also.

(Unless you are talking about the internal mag in which case the internet is your best bet)
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

lol, of all the times where "clip" "magazine" conflation is a communication barrier!

Hopefully you've learned your lesson.

Post imported post

Post imported post

The ONLY SKS mags that I've ever had work in a SKS were the ones manufactured by U.S.A. Magazines. Unfortunately, they went out of business. I've bought others since and none of them have worked....heck, some won't even fit in the gun.

If anyone knows of some GOOD SKS mags, let me know!
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Yooper wrote:
    The ONLY SKS mags that I've ever had work in a SKS were the ones manufactured by U.S.A. Magazines. Unfortunately, they went out of business. I've bought others since and none of them have worked....heck, some won't even fit in the gun.

If anyone knows of some GOOD SKS mags, let me know!
    That's the reason why I stick to stripper clips.

I've heard the Tapco 20 rounders work really well but only with Tapco stocks.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

+1 on the Tapco 20's. But you better keep that parts count up to snuff. BATFE will own yer azz if you're caught violating the 922r guidelines. Putting a detachable mag in astock milsurpSKS that originally had a 10 rd fixed mag WILL land you in some serious trouble.

Learn about 922r and how it applies to the SKS here: http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/vie...132&t=7991

Post imported post

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is 922? I see "Sec. 178.39" in your link but is that US code, CO, etc.? I know Denver used to have specific models banned which has since been repealed.

Post imported post

922r is the US Code. You MUST abide by that or suffer the consequences if caught violating them.

I bought a Yugo M59/66 SKS a few years ago that had a Kalifornia muzzle brake welded on. Since the lovely state of CA had its nasty mitts on it, I figured it was a good candidate for a bubba job.

I started with the Tapco T6 stock, which counted as three parts, the piston and follower (two more parts), Tapco magazine (three parts), removed the bayo and bayo "lug", removed the ladder sights for the 'nade launcher. This brought the count of US parts vsimport parts to the 922r requirement...hopefully. I also put a US made reciever cover on it with the picatinny rails for a reddot sight.

Post imported post

One more vote for Tapco. A couple people over at SKSboards have made some very good modifications to them. This is my favorite one. http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=61927.0
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I run the 20 rd tapcos in my 1954 Russian SKS they work like a charm!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."