• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sks clip

entartet17

imported post

Sorry, I dont use mags on my SKSs otherwise I would just give you one of mine. I know The Gun Room in Lakewood usually stocks the 30 rounders and 5280 usually has some also.

(Unless you are talking about the internal mag in which case the internet is your best bet)

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

clipmag1.jpg
250px-Clip_vs_mag1.jpg

Yooper

imported post

The ONLY SKS mags that I've ever had work in a SKS were the ones manufactured by U.S.A. Magazines. Unfortunately, they went out of business. I've bought others since and none of them have worked....heck, some won't even fit in the gun.

If anyone knows of some GOOD SKS mags, let me know!

entartet17

imported post

Yooper wrote:
The ONLY SKS mags that I've ever had work in a SKS were the ones manufactured by U.S.A. Magazines. Unfortunately, they went out of business. I've bought others since and none of them have worked....heck, some won't even fit in the gun.

If anyone knows of some GOOD SKS mags, let me know!
That's the reason why I stick to stripper clips. :)

I've heard the Tapco 20 rounders work really well but only with Tapco stocks.

Evil Ernie

imported post

+1 on the Tapco 20's. But you better keep that parts count up to snuff. BATFE will own yer azz if you're caught violating the 922r guidelines. Putting a detachable mag in astock milsurpSKS that originally had a 10 rd fixed mag WILL land you in some serious trouble.

Learn about 922r and how it applies to the SKS here: http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7991

mahkagari

imported post

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is 922? I see "Sec. 178.39" in your link but is that US code, CO, etc.? I know Denver used to have specific models banned which has since been repealed.

Evil Ernie

imported post

922r is the US Code. You MUST abide by that or suffer the consequences if caught violating them.

I bought a Yugo M59/66 SKS a few years ago that had a Kalifornia muzzle brake welded on. Since the lovely state of CA had its nasty mitts on it, I figured it was a good candidate for a bubba job.

I started with the Tapco T6 stock, which counted as three parts, the piston and follower (two more parts), Tapco magazine (three parts), removed the bayo and bayo "lug", removed the ladder sights for the 'nade launcher. This brought the count of US parts vsimport parts to the 922r requirement...hopefully. I also put a US made reciever cover on it with the picatinny rails for a reddot sight.