Thread: And the officer forum thinks we are bad

Post imported post

Seeing how clueless they are is really baffling sometimes. They love to bash us but I think we have all spent a lot more time researching the laws they enforce than they have :P

Poor guys are not allowed to unlawfully arrest us now...poor bastards

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132910

Post imported post

Apparently "SleepyCop" doesn't like us very much.

"Personally I wouldn't trust opencarry.org even if they weren't the arrogant tools they really are.

-SC"

I think he's just jealous that we know more about gun law than he does.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Some people, regardles of where they live, what their job may be etc etc, feel the need to be dominant, or in control of a situation.

Everyone at some point has encountered authority. The problem is when that authority is enforcing something incorrectly or using verbal or physical hostility to assert their position.

In the instance where that authority happens to be an LEO, citizen have to sit back and allow themselves to be violated or they face further, more direct authority and possibly punishment. It is not a good feeling. It is demoralizing and sometimes tramatic.

Anyone with an education combined with common sense knows that when doing something that could be harmful or dangerous, that you'd better be 100% sure and confident in what you're doing. Law enforcement and the justice system are educated differently. Did you know, that in a court of law, the prosecuting attorney can violate laws and procedure without facing charges or even so much as a "you can't do that" from the judge? In fact, unless the defense attorney objects to these actions, however illegal or improper they may be, can hold weight in a case against a defendant.

I could go on and on, but the point I'm trying to make here is that it's always better to know you're making the right choice then to guess. It's also very possible that an encounter with one of these dominant assertives will happen. It's obvious there needs to be more training in human interaction on the psychological side of things for people in positions of authority.

It seems to be so easy to forget that very old saying, "Do onto others what you expect to be done onto you."

Dominance and control in a position of authority in a situation that doesn't require this abuse is nothing more then a primitive god complex.

Post imported post

So the OP doesn't realize that since he has a CPL, or as he refers to it a CCW, that he can keep a loaded handgun in his car because he was misinformed by a Sheriff he works with.

He wrote "So I cannot put my gun in the netting by my knee or a holster in the door, even though it is concealed. Even though I have a CCW".

It's funny how a Michigan LEO has not posted on there that he can, but someone posted a link to MOC saying that he could, but another officer on that site said "Ah yes, the EXPERTS at OC.com". I'd like to get on there a answer his question correctly, but I applied for that website many months ago and was never "approved".

I guess another citizen will just walk around misinformed.

Post imported post

It just goes to show you how on average cops know less about gun laws specifically then the average OC'er. It's a fact looking as todays under trained cops.

Post imported post

Someone give me a lighter...
    I have to burn the ignorance out of my eyes.

Post imported post

Wow speaking of "tools" they have their share on that forum:what:
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I do not understand why so many cops want to give us trouble. Can it REALLY bother them that much that a few people here and there do the same thing they do with guns while they're working?

In Arizona, I met a ton of really awesome police. They were friendly, and appreciated the fact I carried. I never, ever got bitched at by a cop like I have here repetitiously. Arizona cops tend to serve and protect, and do very little else.

My brother and I were working in a city I won't name. We saw a guy we grew up with, now a cop. He was a good, friendly person when we went to school with him. He became a cop for all the right reasons with all the best intentions.

But now, you can see an ass hole look on his face. The way the department conducts itself, and perhaps the way he was trained, it's made him a jack ass. A sad thing, especially considering that we the tax payers allow this to happen.

I don't think we can fix the wide spread us against them attitude Michigan police seem dead set to keep going. But it would be nice to end the incidents.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    So the OP doesn't realize that since he has a CPL, or as he refers to it a CCW, that he can keep a loaded handgun in his car because he was misinformed by a Sheriff he works with.

He wrote "So I cannot put my gun in the netting by my knee or a holster in the door, even though it is concealed. Even though I have a CCW".

It's funny how a Michigan LEO has not posted on there that he can, but someone posted a link to MOC saying that he could, but another officer on that site said "Ah yes, the EXPERTS at OC.com". I'd like to get on there a answer his question correctly, but I applied for that website many months ago and was never "approved".

I guess another citizen will just walk around misinformed.
    Someone did show the MCL explaining the legality of OCing in a vehicle in MI toward the end of the page.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

hamaneggs, I believe that's ghostrider, an MOC member, that posted the info, fwiw.

Post imported post

CoonDog wrote:
    hamaneggs, I believe that's ghostrider, an MOC member, that posted the info, fwiw.
    That means they've been educated.Thats GOOD!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    That means they've been educated.Thats GOOD!
    What was that?

Educated by an EXPERT at OC.org?

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

How many lawsuits are they going to have to pay before they realize that our information is serving us better than their information is serving them