• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And the officer forum thinks we are bad

EM87

imported post

Apparently "SleepyCop" doesn't like us very much.

"Personally I wouldn't trust opencarry.org even if they weren't the arrogant tools they really are.

-SC"

I think he's just jealous that we know more about gun law than he does.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

Some people, regardles of where they live, what their job may be etc etc, feel the need to be dominant, or in control of a situation.

Everyone at some point has encountered authority. The problem is when that authority is enforcing something incorrectly or using verbal or physical hostility to assert their position.

In the instance where that authority happens to be an LEO, citizen have to sit back and allow themselves to be violated or they face further, more direct authority and possibly punishment. It is not a good feeling. It is demoralizing and sometimes tramatic.

Anyone with an education combined with common sense knows that when doing something that could be harmful or dangerous, that you'd better be 100% sure and confident in what you're doing. Law enforcement and the justice system are educated differently. Did you know, that in a court of law, the prosecuting attorney can violate laws and procedure without facing charges or even so much as a "you can't do that" from the judge? In fact, unless the defense attorney objects to these actions, however illegal or improper they may be, can hold weight in a case against a defendant.

I could go on and on, but the point I'm trying to make here is that it's always better to know you're making the right choice then to guess. It's also very possible that an encounter with one of these dominant assertives will happen. It's obvious there needs to be more training in human interaction on the psychological side of things for people in positions of authority.

It seems to be so easy to forget that very old saying, "Do onto others what you expect to be done onto you."

Dominance and control in a position of authority in a situation that doesn't require this abuse is nothing more then a primitive god complex.

T Vance

imported post

So the OP doesn't realize that since he has a CPL, or as he refers to it a CCW, that he can keep a loaded handgun in his car because he was misinformed by a Sheriff he works with.

He wrote "So I cannot put my gun in the netting by my knee or a holster in the door, even though it is concealed. Even though I have a CCW".

It's funny how a Michigan LEO has not posted on there that he can, but someone posted a link to MOC saying that he could, but another officer on that site said "Ah yes, the EXPERTS at OC.com". I'd like to get on there a answer his question correctly, but I applied for that website many months ago and was never "approved".

I guess another citizen will just walk around misinformed.

Michigander

imported post

I do not understand why so many cops want to give us trouble. Can it REALLY bother them that much that a few people here and there do the same thing they do with guns while they're working?

In Arizona, I met a ton of really awesome police. They were friendly, and appreciated the fact I carried. I never, ever got bitched at by a cop like I have here repetitiously. Arizona cops tend to serve and protect, and do very little else.

My brother and I were working in a city I won't name. We saw a guy we grew up with, now a cop. He was a good, friendly person when we went to school with him. He became a cop for all the right reasons with all the best intentions.

But now, you can see an ass hole look on his face. The way the department conducts itself, and perhaps the way he was trained, it's made him a jack ass. A sad thing, especially considering that we the tax payers allow this to happen.

I don't think we can fix the wide spread us against them attitude Michigan police seem dead set to keep going. But it would be nice to end the incidents.

Haman J.T.

imported post

T Vance wrote:
So the OP doesn't realize that since he has a CPL, or as he refers to it a CCW, that he can keep a loaded handgun in his car because he was misinformed by a Sheriff he works with.

He wrote "So I cannot put my gun in the netting by my knee or a holster in the door, even though it is concealed. Even though I have a CCW".

It's funny how a Michigan LEO has not posted on there that he can, but someone posted a link to MOC saying that he could, but another officer on that site said "Ah yes, the EXPERTS at OC.com". I'd like to get on there a answer his question correctly, but I applied for that website many months ago and was never "approved".

I guess another citizen will just walk around misinformed.
Someone did show the MCL explaining the legality of OCing in a vehicle in MI toward the end of the page.

choover

imported post

How many lawsuits are they going to have to pay before they realize that our information is serving us better than their information is serving them :banghead: