• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Shopping trip in Raleigh...

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

These are excellent OC reports.

I think different people in different situations are going to have different reactions to employees, security, police, and other patrons of stores and public places. I guess if you look professional or official while OCing, your chances of being hassled are far less.

Now, the way I took information from my CCW class on malls, particularly Four Seasons here in Greensboro is that signage or not, the carrying of a fire arm is not exactly illegal, however, they can ask you to leave. If not you can be brought up on trespassing charges. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am also wondering now if they have to have signs in order to legally ask you to leave.

Libraries are kind of doubled up. Since usually they are government owned, I know here in Greensboro, the libraries are city owned and as far as I know it is a City ordinance/statute (whatever) that prohibits firearms on city property. But also, they may be considered educational premises as well (so that may cover places that are non-governmental such as some museums/learning centers).

Dreamer

imported post

I've looked through the Greensboro City code of ordinances, and I can find no prohibition for OC or CC of firearms on city property.

http://library1.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=10736&doc_action=whatsnew

Of course, they may still post signs prohibiting firearms in city buildings, and on parks WITHOUT a specific ordinance, so you need to keep your eyes open for signage, but from what I read (or rather don't read) in their ordinances, there is no codified prohibition against firearms on city property...

You might want to check with the Chief of Police though, or the City's Attorney...

http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/NR/exeres/248D17AE-3295-4E17-83BB-EB7DFC838477,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Published

Good luck...

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh, I eventually found the city ordinance, I had seen it once before several years ago so I knew it was in there: Chapter 18, Article II, Sections 21 through 25 - Offenses Against Public Safety. Most certainly illegal with the provision that the city posts signs stating no firearms (conspicous signs).