• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control Failure

protias

imported post

Oh come on. We all know since there has been a gun ban in GB that gun crime has gone down.

/sarcasm

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091023/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_armed_police_2

Although this story didn't deal with Wisconsin, I felt it was relevant.

When I read the story, it seems that their push for a more socially diverse population led to their current problems just as much as their gun ban has.
The UKwelcomed other cultures with open arms, (pun not intended)and these people that came to the UK are used to violence& murder as part of their culture. So they brought that along with them and the people of the UK found themselves defenseless against them without a means to defend themselves.

So the police now have semi-auto firearms, the scumbags will arm themselves to match, it will be a constant game of one-up-manship until the UK declares martial law or re-arms their subjects to be able to defend themselves. It would make more sense to me to close the borders, but it seems lately thatbeing called a racist is a far worse thing than being raped, robbed orkilled for some.

pkbites

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

Which is why I started a thread about it.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum67/33314.html

I love how they talk about gun fights and such. You don't hear about this stuff from Sarah Brady and her ilk. According to them England is a crime free place thanks to draconian gun laws. Taste the stink of their lies! Taste it!!

SprayAndPray

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

So the police now have semi-auto firearms, the scumbags will arm themselves to match, it will be a constant game of one-up-manship until the UK declares martial law or re-arms their subjects to be able to defend themselves.

WOW what a wonderfully anti sentiment.... Your statement is ridiculous on the surface, For one the bad guys are already carrying "eeeeeevil semi auto firearms" in great Britain (as well as Machine guns and the such, Just like everywhere else. It's what bad guys do)

Second, Why would letting the people of Great Britain have their guns back end this arms race of yours? Bad guys are going to say " crap the proles can have guns again I will stop carrying mine? Everyone knows that how it works here right?

Don't know If you posted that before your coffee or just had a momentary lapse in logic, but your statement makes no sense on every front.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

SprayAndPray wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

So the police now have semi-auto firearms, the scumbags will arm themselves to match, it will be a constant game of one-up-manship until the UK declares martial law or re-arms their subjects to be able to defend themselves.

WOW what a wonderfully anti sentiment.... Your statement is ridiculous on the surface, For one the bad guys are already carrying "eeeeeevil semi auto firearms" in great Britain (as well as Machine guns and the such, Just like everywhere else. It's what bad guys do)

Second, Why would letting the people of Great Britain have their guns back end this arms race of yours? Bad guys are going to say " crap the proles can have guns again I will stop carrying mine? Everyone knows that how it works here right?

Don't know If you posted that before your coffee or just had a momentary lapse in logic, but your statement makes no sense on every front.

The point that you are obviously unable to grasp, is that the UK's disarming of law-abiding citizens has done nothing but make sure only the criminals are armed. it gace them free run of the country and now they are trying to paly catch-up with the criminals. The law abising citizens have no effective way to defend themselves and must rely on the police 100%.

Was it really that difficult for you to understand?

M

McX

imported post

I thought they were all too polite and stuffy in England to actually have any crime(s). At least they're waking up to the reality of it all, even if it is one step at a time.

M

McX

imported post

Someday on the AbbeyRoad WebCam, maybe we'll see a line of Open Carriers walking the historic walk huh?