• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need to find 10rd XD Mags

Zed Snardbody

imported post

Does anyone know where I can find a retailer for 10 round XD mags in the Vegas area?

I'm road tripping to California (be quite, she's hot, so I'll deal with Cali's backasswardness) and I'll get to play unloaded open, since my impossible quest of obtaining a non resident CCW has yet to yield results.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

I would try a Cali, retailer and see if they will ups at least one to get you there then you can obtain another, never thought about that,Ihave a 10 rnd foir my AR-15 guessI m hanging on to that one

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

Try the "tourist" gun stores. Machine gun kellys, The Gun Store, American Shooters...all 3 of those are right by the strip. Just my suggestion.

My XD's box actually says "not legal in california". I haven't bothered to educate myself on CA laws, since I plan never to go there if I can prevent it, but I'm hoping that the gun itself isn't the law breaker...just the capacity of the mags. I still find it funny that it's on my gun's case.

Zed Snardbody

imported post

I got in touch with Springfield and I'm just going to order direct.

I love the damn box sticker though. I want a bigger one to use as a bumper sticker. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw it on the case.

Sabotage70

imported post

I'm planning a trip to The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia myself. I just picked up a XDm 40 last month and was hoping to take it. But in my research I learned from the AG web sight that my gun is not even legal for sale in Kali. So I guess there is no chance of of getting 10 rounders for it. And I really wanted to show mom my new gun. :cuss:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
I'm planning a trip to The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia myself. I just picked up a XDm 40 last month and was hoping to take it. But in my research I learned from the AG web sight that my gun is not even legal for sale in Kali. So I guess there is no chance of of getting 10 rounders for it. And I really wanted to show mom my new gun. :cuss:

Yeah in California bureaucrats have to approve every model of handgun after being bribed by the manufacturer before a firearm can be sold. Also, if the manufacturer does not renew the bribe every few years the bureaucrats remove it from the approved list.

And if the manufacturer bribed them to let them sell a blued gun in California, they cannot sell the same gun in California in stainless steel unless they pay double the bribe.

Sabotage70

imported post

Zed Snardbody wrote:
My understanding is though that as long as you don't intend to sell it its legal to carry.
From the laws I've been looking at, it says "import" so I'm not even going to chance it. I'm just going to take my "legal" Taurus pt-140 pro.:quirky

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife wants to move to the CA coast so bad. I'm pretty open to the idea, except for the gun laws. Unloaded open carry seems like an accident waiting to happen, and the whole notion of the cops being allowed to "check" my weapon any time they want is absurd.

Anyway, the 10 rd limit - is a 10 rd magazine? Or would a larger magazine qualify if it were only loaded with 10 rounds? I'm guessing the magazine has to be limited, thus the question from OP. So, can I carry more than one 10 rd magazine on my person? If I have 2 or 3 10 rd magazines, can't I do more "damage" than if I have a single 15 rd magazine? Of course the last question is rhetorical, just makes me shake my head.

North Star Packer

imported post

I am spending about a month in Kal, but will not be able to carry. Only resident permits are approved in Kal. I intend to do some shooting at a indoor range.

I have 5 12 rd mags and I read somewhere on one of the forums that you could put a blank in the mags to make them hold 10 rounds only. I cut about a 1" long 3/4" dia pipe and pulled the bottom plate from each mag and put in the bottom of each mag. My mags now only hold 10 rounds. I hope that this information I received on the forums is correct, because this if what I am going with. Also, I do not intend to sell, give away my XD-40. Hope this helps and good luck on you trip. You will need to have you gun unloaded, locked up for traveling in this liberal state.

Decoligny

imported post

North Star Packer wrote:
I am spending about a month in Kal, but will not be able to carry. Only resident permits are approved in Kal. I intend to do some shooting at a indoor range.

I have 5 12 rd mags and I read somewhere on one of the forums that you could put a blank in the mags to make them hold 10 rounds only. I cut about a 1" long 3/4" dia pipe and pulled the bottom plate from each mag and put in the bottom of each mag. My mags now only hold 10 rounds. I hope that this information I received on the forums is correct, because this if what I am going with. Also, I do not intend to sell, give away my XD-40. Hope this helps and good luck on you trip. You will need to have you gun unloaded, locked up for traveling in this liberal state.

Any changes you make to a magazine to make it a 10 rounder has to be a "permanent" change. So, just slipping a block of wood in the bottom, will not cut it. The piece of wood needs to be epoxied in, or a piece of metal needs to be welded in (if metal mag) to meet the requirement.

With the setup you have with just removable plastic pieces, you will have a possible felony count for each magazine you bring into California

North Star Packer

imported post

Thanks for the reply. Now I am worried and will have to scramble to find some 10 mags. I am going to be visiting my son for about 1.5 month and planned to keep my gun case, ammo etc in his house. I guess I had better leave my 12 mags home and look around for some 10's. Cal, sure makes it difficult for the law biding citizens. You read about gangs and a lot of other criminals shooting things up. Why don't the police concentrate on these people and not worry about lawful people. If my son wasn't there I would stay away from California.

Decoligny

imported post

North Star Packer wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Now I am worried and will have to scramble to find some 10 mags. I am going to be visiting my son for about 1.5 month and planned to keep my gun case, ammo etc in his house. I guess I had better leave my 12 mags home and look around for some 10's. Cal, sure makes it difficult for the law biding citizens. You read about gangs and a lot of other criminals shooting things up. Why don't the police concentrate on these people and not worry about lawful people. If my son wasn't there I would stay away from California.
If you can't find any 10 round magazines, then simply sacrifice a couple of your 12 rounders and buy some JB weld and epoxy some wooden blocks into them to make them permanent 10 rounders. Hold onto themfor any future visits as well.

North Star Packer

imported post

I tried the block idea, but too much work an I do not want to ruin the 12's. I'm going to order a couple of Mags from Springfield on Monday, I see they have a sale on them. When I get to Reno in Jan, before crossing the border, I'm going to mail my 12's to either my son's in Las Vegas where I can pick up after my Cal stay.