• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater November OC Dinner

wylde007

imported post

Won't make this one. Prior commitment.

I really want to go to a peninsula supper, just haven't been able to get the planets to align for some reason.

45acpForMe

imported post

Decent food & good conversation made for a nice evening. The slow service was a bit annoying but can't blame too much on a single waitress. I find it funny at the diversity of interesting things you learn at these dinners like how thick the ice is at the North pole. :)

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Wish we could have been there. Ended up taking my wife to the ER a little before4 in the afternoonyesterday and didn'tget home tillabout 6:30...she told me to go ahead and go without her; but, I wouldn't have made it in time...besides, at that moment, my place was with her.

45acpForMe

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
Wish we could have been there. Ended up taking my wife to the ER a little before4 in the afternoonyesterday and didn'tget home tillabout 6:30...she told me to go ahead and go without her; but, I wouldn't have made it in time...besides, at that moment, my place was with her.
Hope that she is ok. See you at the next one.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
Thanks, she was having heart palpitations and her blood pressure was extremely low...they gave her IV fluids and monitored her BP until it came back up to a normal range. They think she was just dehydrated; but, they ran some tests and made an appt with her GP on Wednesday to get the results.

45acpForMe

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
Thanks, she was having heart palpitations and her blood pressure was extremely low...they gave her IV fluids and monitored her BP until it came back up to a normal range. They think she was just dehydrated; but, they ran some tests and made an appt with her GP on Wednesday to get the results.
So too much partying and not enough gatorade? :) Sounded kind of scary. Well God bless and drink some gatorade.

(I was itchin' to show you my Colt 8-round mags that are the same size as the Springfield 7-rounders. Hopefully you both can attend next time.)

fully_armed_biker

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
So too much partying and not enough gatorade? :) Sounded kind of scary. Well God bless and drink some gatorade.

(I was itchin' to show you my Colt 8-round mags that are the same size as the Springfield 7-rounders. Hopefully you both can attend next time.)
We'll be going to the Portsmouth City Council meeting Tuesday night to OC andprotestMAIG and Holley's membership. Hopefully bring up the illegal ban on city lakes. I'm sure we'llhave a dinnereither before or after.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Wish I could have made this one guys... had a Homeowners Association meeting (I'm on the Board of Directors :cry:).

Glad to hear the usual good times were had!

mpg9999

imported post

I always miss these since I work late. Since I have Friday's off, would anyone be up for a Friday dinner?

Bubba Ron

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
I always miss these since I work late. Since I have Friday's off, would anyone be up for a Friday dinner?
Thebest way to find out is to post a dining out, when and where it's convienient for you, the people that can attend, will....

Squid13

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:

I just got back to Virginia from leave. I always seem to miss the dinners due to duty or underways. I'm off duty next friday, the 13th. We should have another one this month. Several of the guys on my ship have voiced an interest in OC. I could probably get a few of them to follow through.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Here's a pre-Thanksgiving Dining Out. This Thursday, November 19th at the Village Inn in Virginia Beach on Independence Blvd (just off Virginia Beach Blvd) at 7:00 PM. Hope you can make it....we would like to havea pre-Thanksgiving Dining out with our OCDO family. Ron & Jean

darthmord

imported post

We'll probably miss this one. Got our SCA Business meeting (aka: Moot) that same night / time and both my wife & I are officers. So we have to be there for the meeting. May try to cut out early to slide on down to join in on the fun though.

45acpForMe

imported post

Man, I am going to miss that country fried steak again!!! I have my kids that night so I would have had to bow out early anyway.

Has anyone else had the forum stop emailing them? I haven't gotten any emails in a few days. (or maybe they are just filtering mine to the bit bucket)