• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Acronyms?

luke.moses

I don't know if this is the right spot, but here goes...
I have see that some acronyms have been explained but what about other stuff... like i see condition 1, condition 3, and others and just wondering what they mean...

Thanks,
Moses

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I don't know if this is the right spot, but here goes...
I have see that some acronyms have been explained but what about other stuff... like i see condition 1, condition 3, and others and just wondering what they mean...

Thanks,
Moses

Condition 1-3 refers to the condition of the firearm in regard to readiness to fire.

Condition 1 = round chambered, mag seated in mag well, hammer cocked, safety on

Condition 2 = round chambered, mag seated, hammer down.

Condition 3 = empty chamber, mag seated, hammer down.

eye95

Condition Zero ("0") - same as condition one (1)... safety off. :uhoh:

Condition 0 is far preferable to Condition 1 when pointing a gun at a BG whom intends you harm. It is highly recommended to switch from Condition 1 to Condition 0 before attempting to dispatch him. ;)

Dreamer

Col. Cooper's Color Codes for "States of Awareness"

People throw these around a lot, and I thought I'd provide a link to a well-written discussion on the matter, and put a brief description of the "Color Codes" here...

http://www.self-defense-mind-body-spirit.com/awareness.html

White - unaware, not paying attention
Yellow - attentive, but relaxed
Orange - focus is directed, there is an immediate potential threat
Red - there is a definitive threat
Black - you are actively fighting
The only time you should be in condition "White" is when you are asleep... ;)

Last edited: