• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Lost a SPD Officer tonight

DEROS72

imported post

I like commadores idea come on guys we should be able to put together a big group of for this.We came together for our purpose last week .How about we get that many or more together and give this officer due respect.

Gemini

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I like commadores idea come on guys we should be able to put together a big group of for this.We came together for our purpose last week .How about we get that many or more together and give this officer due respect.
Depends on when it is whether I can attend. Certainly an excellent idea!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

This is NOT a political thing.. It's a show of respect.

Leave the pamphlets at home, and I will personally pistol whip the first person who starts talking #%(& or wants to start crap with an officer...

(proverbially speaking, of course)

Commodore76

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

This is NOT a political thing.. It's a show of respect.

Leave the pamphlets at home, and I will personally pistol whip the first person who starts talking #%(& or wants to start crap with an officer...

(proverbially speaking, of course)

As I just PM'd someone, this is about the officer, not the group. Any attempt to misinterpret my intentions as something other than being solely about showing respect and instead hinting that I'm suggesting turning this into a OC rallycouldbe met with harsh consequences. (See my note below)

DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME,ANY LINING OF THE STREETSSHOULD BE ABOUT THE FALLEN OFFICER! I will gladly join TechnoWeeniein the beating of anyone who wants to take away from the respect being shown to this Officer with some two bit propaganda!

Techno, you mentioned the possibility of someone starting something with an Officer. Well, I don't think I'd be the only OCDO member to frown on that. If that were to be the case... Let's just not go there. Any show of respectneeds be done with the best of intentions. No excuses.

Open carry, don't open carry, who cares in this case? Personally, I will be carrying concealed. My statement there will be for the fallen officer and his family. My choice. Obviously, not for everyone.

I certainly hope that I'm being very clear. Disputes should either be PM'd to me or taken up with me at the Adopt a Highway clean up next Sunday. Let's keep the forum clear of anything that can turn into anti-OCDO propaganda.

Respectfully,

Commodore

Trigger Dr

imported post

It would be nice for in the future we Had Tee Shirts with a Large LEO Badge on the front with the black band across it. Nothing at all re OC on the shirt. Wear these in respect.

joeroket

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
It would be nice for in the future we Had Tee Shirts with a Large LEO Badge on the front with the black band across it. Nothing at all re OC on the shirt.  Wear these in respect.

I love this Idea Trigger Dr. Hell if I could get away with it I would come displaying my dads badge that was given to me by SPD with the black band on it.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
agreed.....I wouldn't bring any anyway.Not the place for it.

That wasn't directed towards you Jim, just so you know...

Sadly, there are members here that I can see turning it into an 'us vs them' thing....

I'm gonna have to walk away before I hear 'Amazing Grace' on bagpipes.... Too many memories... I cry like a baby every time I hear it....

jbone

imported post

I agree carrying may cause unnecessary tension due the circumstances, and wouldn’t myself, but that’s my decision. I don't think anyone should be telling anyonenot to carry if they choose. It’s still an individual right and decision. Unless Nickels is right and it’s not, and I think we all agreehe’s wrong!

grishnav

imported post

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2009/...-seattle-police-officer-murder-investigation/

Additional information on Seattle Police Officer murder investigation [align=center] [/align] It is with profound sadness that we must inform you that a Seattle Police Officer was killed in the line of duty last night. Officer Timothy Brenton, a Field Training Officer assigned to Third Watch, East Precinct, was shot to death while he and Student Officer Britt Sweeney, were parked in their patrol car in the 100 Block of 29[sup]th[/sup] Avenue last night shortly after 10:00 p.m. The investigation thus far has shown that Officers Brenton and Sweeney had just completed a traffic stop and were discussing the stop as part of Officer Sweeney’s training. Their patrol car was parked facing southbound in the 100 Block of 29[sup]th[/sup] Avenue on the west side of the street. Officer Sweeney was in the driver’s seat; Officer Brenton was in the front passenger seat. As they were discussing training, a vehicle, described as a light-colored small car, also travelling southbound, pulled up next to the patrol vehicle. The suspect(s) opened fire upon the officers. The bullets went by Officer Sweeney’s head, grazing her in the back of the neck and tearing her uniform shirt and vest. Bullets struck Officer Brenton in the head, killing him. The suspect vehicle then fled northbound on 29[sup]th[/sup] Avenue. Officer Sweeney was able to exit the patrol car and return fire at the suspect vehicle. The suspect vehicle may have been struck. Officer Sweeney was able to get on the air and summon additional officers to the scene. Officer Sweeney’s performance was exemplary under the most stressful and horrific call imaginable.
There was a massive response from all points of the city and beyond. Patrol, detectives, and the Hospital Response Team all responded and provided support for officers and the families. Information is being developed as to possible suspect(s). SPD Homicide detectives are responsible for this investigation.
There is no other way to describe what occurred last night to Officers Brenton and Sweeney other than this was a deliberate act of murder. We have all the resources of the Department working on this investigation, and will not stop until we have those responsible answer for this heinous crime. We owe it to Officers Brenton and Sweeney, their families, ourselves and the community.
Officer Brenton was 39 years old and a 9-year veteran of the Department at the time of his death. He leaves behind a wife and two children. Officer Sweeney is 33 years old and a recent graduate of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Center.
Funeral arrangements are being planned and more information will be forthcoming.
This is a profound tragedy and shock to our senses. We will take the time to grieve, reflect, and honor our fallen brother. The Department’s Crisis Incident Stress Management Team will be available for all those who request it.
The Department has set up a tip line for the public to provide information that may assist the investigation. That number is (206) 233-5000.
A bank account for Officer Timothy Brenton’s family is being set up at this time. We will provide more information when the details become available.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call either 911 or the Seattle Police Homicide Unit at 206 684-5550, or the tipline at (206) 233-5000. Those wishing to remain annonymous are encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or send a text to CRIMES (274637). Your text message should include “TIP486″ to ensure proper routing. If a tip leads to an arrest and the filing of charges, callers may qualify for a cash reward of up to $1,000. An additional $20,000 reward is being offered by the Seattle Police Officer’s Guild, for a total of $21,000. Calls are taken 24 hours a day.
Posted: November 1st, 2009 under East Precinct, General, North Precinct, Police Precincts, South Precinct, Southwest Precinct, Southwest Precinct, West Precinct.

« Previous post|The Blotter Home Page

Commodore76

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
It would be nice for in the future we Had Tee Shirts with a Large LEO Badge on the front with the black band across it. Nothing at all re OC on the shirt. Wear these in respect.
I hope to God that this does not become so frequent that we can justify having shirts made up.

massivedesign

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I say we do all we can to honor that officer .I OC all the time downtown and SPD has been exemplary in supporting my right and the right of good citizensto bear arms.Time we get behind these guys.honor this officer.I like the idea of taking up a collection from all of us at OCDO .Turn out for his sevices and let SPD know there are decent folk hear that appreciate their service and sacrifice.Im in for 50 bucks.to get it started.
That's an honerable plan. I suggest starting up a memorial fund at any bank (one that has statewide exposure) so that anybody can donate.

And just for political prowess, use the OCDO in the title, to state where the $$ is coming from. It's not to gain us political points, but to re-assure people out there that there ARE law abiding citizens who exercise the OC/CC, 2nd amendment, who feel the pain of this event.

Once you get it set up (I can set it up at a local BOA, or Chase) let people know!

Also, you have to be aware that ALL local LEO's are going to be very weary of ANYBODY with a gun for a while. Please take that into account when an officer may act slightly defensive towards your OC/CC status. Think of your demeanor while being talked to. It's not his / her fault, they are just going to be a little gun-shy for a bit in remembrance of there fallen brethren.

Batousaii

imported post

Please keep us updated on time / date of the service. If i dont have, or can get the time off work, i would definitely come be with everyone to show our respect, support, and condolences to the fallen officer. It is a very sad event, i hope the best for his family.

Bat

Dave Workman

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Washington CeaseFire was on KIRO saying the same old, "this is why we want to ban assault rifles in the city."

All I can think about when they said that was, they already are banned.... Semi-auto AR-15s are not assault rifles...

Can you cite that please?

I've been looking at KIRO's coverage and can't find that anywhere.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

I saw it but don't think WCF really deserves to be in this thread , and asked to just keep it about the officers

Dave Workman

imported post

I'm not trying to start a debate. It's important for me to see them saying that on camera.

DEROS72

imported post

I you guys are ok with it I could set up a memorial fund at my bank.Us bank.Unless someone already has.Or maybe we could take up collections form OCDO and give it to the fund already being established for the family.

massivedesign

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I you guys are ok with it I could set up a memorial fund at my bank.Us bank.Unless someone already has.Or maybe we could take up collections form OCDO and give it to the fund already being established for the family.

I say set it up!