• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remington R-15

Sionadi

imported post

Well im starting to buy some of my own guns and ive been looking at the Remington R-15 and R-25 but i don't know if they are legal or not in good ole Comifornia.

Thanks-
John

wewd

imported post

Yes. As long as the rifle is not banned by name, and they have a bullet button magazine lock installed, and are used with 10-round (or smaller) magazines.

This flowchart is handy for identifying rifles that may or may not be assault weapons under California law: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

CalGuns forum is probably a better place to ask questions like these, as this forum is dedicated to open carry issues, not general gun law issues in California.

wewd

imported post

Sionadi wrote:
ok, so i need to get a bullet button installed to get it in CA correct?

Your dealer will have to install the bullet button prior to you taking possession of the rifle. Your other option if you want to keep the magazine detachable would be to install one of the wacky California legal grips in place of the pistol grip. But with the bullet button in place you can keep the pistol grip, as well as any other "evil features" like a flash hider or telescoping stock.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

camsoup wrote:
MudCamper wrote:
I bought my R-25 from dds ranch. They pre-installed the BB before shipping to CA.

All of these shops will do the same:

http://www.lanworldinc.com/
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/
http://www.ddsranch.com/

How do you like it???
It's a sweet rifle. Quite accurate, but I can't exactly quantify the accuracy for you yet, as on my second trip to the range with it my Nikon scope broke (internal malfunction of some kind) and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I've since had the scope serviced but haven't had the time to take it out again and dial it in.

It's fun to shoot, but IMO it's no hunting rifle. I say that because Remington advertises it as such, but it's a tank. It's really heavy. I can't imagine lugging it around. It's a bench shooting rifle for me.

Sionadi

imported post

they advertised it as a "predator rifle" meaning you sit down somewhere with a call, not lugging it around. But hey i was raised to go hunting with my grand daddy's guns, and i highly doubt the r-15 would be anywhere close to being as heavy as those.

wewd

imported post

The FS2000 is fine, Cold War Shooters in Highland has them for sale all the time. They install a magazine lock and long flash hider on the end of the barrel so that the OAL is over the 30 inch limit.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

wewd wrote:
The FS2000 is fine, Cold War Shooters in Highland has them for sale all the time. They install a magazine lock and long flash hider on the end of the barrel so that the OAL is over the 30 inch limit.
By "flash hider" I assume you mean "muzzle break" since flash hiders are one of the prohibited "assault weapon" features.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
wewd wrote:
By "flash hider" I assume you mean "muzzle break" since flash hiders are one of the prohibited "assault weapon" features.
If it's a bullet button (fixed mag) then the flash hider is legal.