• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

non-resident permits?

RobR369

imported post

I know the state of Michigan doesnt accept non-resident permits for conceal carry. Living in Illinois(where conceal carry isnt legal), All you can get is non-resident carry permits. I spend a great deal of time in Michigan throughout the year, just wondering if there is any bills in either the house or senate that is for allowing non-resident permits,and if there is one, what is the status or does it have any momentum to go anywhere? Thanks

autosurgeon

imported post

NO bills that I am aware of... However if it is any comfort you can OC BC you have the FOID card. You will need to follow the Non CPL rules though as to where you can and cannot OC. Also OC in the car is not allowed it would need to be boxed up unloaded in the trunk.