• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GSG-5 feed problem

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Not sure how many GSG-5 owners there are here, but the question is fairly general anyway.

About every other mag, my GSG has a failure to feed. This isn't a slight, bullet crooked in the chamber FTF either. It results in theround missing the chamber entirely and the bulletgetting smashed into the chamber faceand bent upward. I end up with a bullet that's half way out of the brass and bent into a 45* angle, crushed between the bolt and the chamber (facing up).

Is this a mag issue or a feed ramp issue? Possibly even an ammo issue (bullets too soft/not seated far enough, maybe?) Are there any known issues/corrections for this associated with the GSG-5? Before I go and try to improve the shape of the ramp, I figured I'd try to find out if that's actually the issue. Sorry, no pictures. I didn't have my camera on me today.

Armond Reese

Banned
imported post

My AR does that if I use my .22lr kit in it and fire too many rounds, too fast. It's supposed to be fine for full-auto, but it sure as hell isn't fine for "ten rounds quickly pulling the trigger"

but yeah, it's probably your feed ramp, that's my usual issue. Gotta find the lube sweet spot.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

^That's what I figured. It does seem to happen more often if I'm firing very fast. Then other times I burn through a whole mag as fast as I can fire, and not have a single problem.

Have you done any work to the ramp?

ODA 226 wrote:
It sounds like a dirty feed ramp/ chamber. When is the last time you've cleaned that weapon?
About 50 rounds before the first FTF. :p

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fyi, GSG lost the suit to H&K so you have a very collectible item now. A few years down the road and it will be worth quite a bit. the prices are already jumping.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
fyi, GSG lost the suit to H&K so you have a very collectible item now. A few years down the road and it will be worth quite a bit. the prices are already jumping.
Yes indeed, my friend. That's exactly why I picked it up a couple weeks ago for the low low price of $300.:D

projectNEON

imported post

I own a GSG :cool: Great gun!!!

21879_1248237058327_1601462048_624777_538355_n.jpg

Anyways you need to use quality ammo CCI mini mags are great!!!

Also must keep this gun clean and properly oiled.

Ensure all hardware is still tight and with loctite. Heck since you're in there change out the cheap hardware with a set from rrages.com They have everything for the GSG there.

Hope that helps

jeremy05

imported post

You have to run HV ammo through it, it says right on the gun .22LR HV

So get some good ammo! I have ran at least 10k ammo through mine with no problems and have cleaned it maybe 2 or 3 times.