• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT custom holsters

swcr

imported post

I have been doing leather work for over 10 years specializing in holsters, gunbelts (concealed/open carry and cartridge belts), and knife sheaths. I am currently laid off and have lots of time on my hands so I'm looking for more work. I do this as a hobby and pride myself in making a quality product for a reasonable price. Below is an example of my work. For more pictures or information please contact me at etoppe@verizon.net

thanks
Eugene
etoppe@verizon.net

swatspyder

imported post

swcr wrote:
I have been doing leather work for over 10 years specializing in holsters, gunbelts (concealed/open carry and cartridge belts), and knife sheaths. I am currently laid off and have lots of time on my hands so I'm looking for more work. I do this as a hobby and pride myself in making a quality product for a reasonable price. Below is an example of my work. For more pictures or information please contact me at etoppe@verizon.net

thanks
Eugene
etoppe@verizon.net
Based out of where?

Website?

Pricing?

swcr

imported post

I am located in Sedro-Woolley. This is done as a hobby and as such I don't have a website. I can email pics if anyone wants. Pricing all depends on what you want. As a general rule holsters and belts start around $50 and sheaths around $30.

Eugene

swatspyder

imported post

swcr wrote:
I am located in Sedro-Woolley. This is done as a hobby and as such I don't have a website. I can email pics if anyone wants. Pricing all depends on what you want. As a general rule holsters and belts start around $50 and sheaths around $30.

Eugene
PM me a couple pictures of some OWB style 5" 1911 holsters that you can make.

Crashbox

imported post

Hmmm... this has got me thinkin'... a pair of OWB holsters for my GP100 since I'm ambidextrose... it would give me an excellent reason to purchase a second GP100... and Sedro-Woolley is fairly local, too... hmmm... gotta think about this.

kito109654

imported post

I'm inSedro a few times a month on my way up to Rockport (where I shoot). Is there somewhere local I could meet up with you briefly and discuss? I'll be up there this Friday or Saturday and staying the weekend.

As a heads-up, I'm looking for an OWB holster and single mag carrier for a Kahr.

n16ht5

imported post

I would be very interested in a holster for my G20 w/light attatched. I've made a sheath from leather for my knife, but I am not so sure how much time I want to spend on messing up a ton of leather to make a holster. do you have some contact info you can share?

alienbogey

imported post

As a result of this post I sent a bowie knife to Eugene for a custom sheath. It came back exactly as requested, on time, and is exceptionally well made. If you're looking for custom leather Eugene has my endorsement. Buy local.

kito109654

imported post

Review of a custom holster made by Eugene. The following is my experience and no claims are made that yours will be exactly the same.

Everyone knows that finding a good, quality holster is not exactly easy. Few stores stock holsters for any but the most common weapons and it's difficult to know what you're going to get when ordering online. A good quality handmade holster will ensure a good product but often comes witha wait time of 6 months or more!

Enter Eugene. He does custom leather work including holsters, gunbelts, and knife sheaths. He is local, and his prices are very reasonable, as are his wait times from ordering to finished product.

I met Eugene and chose the style of holster that I wanted for my Kahr CW9. I was looking for an OWB that can snap onto and off of my belt without having to remove and rethread my belt if I wanted to remove the holster. This is very convenient for me. It just so happened that he has experience with that style and has made it before.

I left my pistol with him and he got to work making the holster and molding it to my gun. I picked up my pistol the following evening and looked at the undyed holster. The leather is two layers thickwith the rough sides mated together so that the holster is smooth both on the inside and outside. The inside of the holster is molded so tightly to the gun that the lettering on the frame and slide can be clearly seen printed into the leather. I was impressed.

Only 5 or so days later, the holster was dyed black and ready for me to pick it up. As far as looks I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. A couple of the qualities of this holster worth special mention:
- It's amazing retention from the tight molding to the gun. It can be held upside down and shaken; the gun will not fall out and that makes me confident that my weapon is securewhen wearing this holster.
- It's slim profile in keeping with the slimness of the Kahr - one of the reasons I like the weapon so much in the first place - and how closely the holster holds my weapon to my side. This can be seen in the pictures of me wearing the holster. It simply does not hang away from my body at all.

On to the pictures! :celebrate

DSC03243.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

Showing how thin it is
DSC03244.jpg

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

Thanks for the greatholster,Eugene!We'll be doing businessagain in the future.

FMCDH

imported post

Small, (somewhat) local business, quality product at a fair price?? :)

You got my attention, as that is EXACTLY the kind of business I like to trade money for product with.

PM sent.

swcr

imported post

Here is a current list of dummy guns I currently have. If you are looking for something not on the list please contact me.

1911 3" to 5"
Bond Arms Texas Defender / Cowboy Defender
Colt SAA
Glock 17/22/31
Glock 19/23/25/32/38
Glock 20/21
Glock 26/27/28/33/39
Glock 30
HK USP Tactical Compact
Kahr P45
Kel-Tec PF9
Ruger Blackhawk