• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rifle Range?

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Looking for a range where i can go shoot my recently built AR15 to ensure it works, most of the indoor ranges that allow rifle use want me to pay for a yearly membership upfront first rather than just the normal one time use range fee.

Any ideas? Are there any outdoor ranges in the area?

joeroket

imported post

Everett Sportsmans range is an outdoor range. I can't remember when it shuts down for the winter.

Norpoint range in Arlington is another. Neither require membership to shoot rifles.Call norpoint first and ask if their rifle range is back open from its refurb.

Metalhead47

imported post

Try Sam's in Everett. Indoor, I don't think you need a membership to shoot non-highpowered rifles there. And they do allow rapid fire. Airport road just north of hwy 99, don't have a web site tho.

Or I'd be happy to take you up top the Central Whidbey range some weekend, just cost you a full mag or two thru your AR:celebrate

Trigger Dr

imported post

As you leave Everett, merge onto US 2 E toward Snohomish, bear to the left and take the WA 204 E/20thSE ramp toward Lake Stevens. Turn slight right onto 20th ST SE for about 3 miles and then turn right onto Willoiams Rd. turn right onto Machias cutoff Rd which becomes S Machias Rd. Turn left up toward the cemetary, and drive through the cemetary about 1/2 mile. On theright there will be the entrance to the range. Take the right fork in the road to the rifle range.

Should be able to find it on Map Quest or google.

New Daddy

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
As you leave Everett, merge onto US 2 E toward Snohomish, bear to the left and take the WA 204 E/20thSE ramp toward Lake Stevens. Turn slight right onto 20th ST SE for about 3 miles and then turn right onto Willoiams Rd. turn right onto Machias cutoff Rd which becomes S Machias Rd. Turn left up toward the cemetary, and drive through the cemetary about 1/2 mile. On theright there will be the entrance to the range. Take the right fork in the road to the rifle range.

I didn't think the range in Machias was open to the public. Membership used to be pretty cheap, but they had a waiting list.

http://www.goosepit.com/lg/shootingplaces.htm

joeroket

imported post

New Daddy wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

I didn't think the range in Machias was open to the public. Membership used to be pretty cheap, but they had a waiting list.

http://www.goosepit.com/lg/shootingplaces.htm
http://www.seattlerifle.org/

They have about a three year wait due to a max membership limit of 300 people. But the membership fees are pretty cheap.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

According to the Dept of Fish and Wildlife, the following gun ranges exist in Snohomish county. I have done nothing to verify this list:

Snohomish
American Legion Trap
Arlington Airport, Arlington

Snohomish
Darrington Fish/Game
360-436-1274

Snohomish
Everett Sportsmen
425-252-8832

Snohomish
Granite Falls Sportsmen
(691-5161

Snohomish
Index Sportsmen
13924 Sultan Basin Rd., Sultan

Snohomish
Kenmore Gun Ranges
425-481-8686

Snohomish
Marysville Rifle Club
Lake Ki, Marysville

Snohomish
Nock Point Archery
425-672-8080

Snohomish
Norpoint Shooting and Tactical Training Center
360-386-8832

Snohomish
Sam's Gun Shop/Range
425-348-3006

Snohomish
Seattle Rifle & Pistol Assn
206-632-2072

Snohomish
Twin City Sportsmen
360-629-3474

Snohomish
Tyee Bowmen
425-259-9288

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
According to the Dept of Fish and Wildlife, the following gun ranges exist in Snohomish county.   I have done nothing to verify this list:

Snohomish
American Legion Trap
Arlington Airport, Arlington

Snohomish
Darrington Fish/Game
360-436-1274

Snohomish
Everett Sportsmen
425-252-8832

Snohomish
Granite Falls Sportsmen
(691-5161

Snohomish
Index Sportsmen
13924 Sultan Basin Rd., Sultan

Snohomish
Kenmore Gun Ranges
425-481-8686

Snohomish
Marysville Rifle Club
Lake Ki, Marysville

Snohomish
Nock Point Archery
425-672-8080

Snohomish
Norpoint Shooting and Tactical Training Center
360-386-8832

Snohomish
Sam's Gun Shop/Range
425-348-3006

Snohomish
Seattle Rifle & Pistol Assn
206-632-2072

Snohomish
Twin City Sportsmen
360-629-3474

Snohomish
Tyee Bowmen
425-259-9288

Here is the link to the Marysville Range:
http://www.marysvillerifleclub.org/

Home of the Smokey Point Desperadoes:uhoh:

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Went to the kenmore range today, great range, too bad they only let you load one round at a time in AR15s but oh well. Got the gun sighted in and it shot just fine.