Thread: Training bulletins for Grays Harbor Sheriff's Dept??

Post imported post

My wife asked a sheriff deputy about OCing and he said; yes, he know's it's legal, but he would advise against doing it. I was just wondering if anyone knew if Grays Harbor SD have had any training on OC? Or, for that matter, if Montesano PD has had any either?? She and I are just mainly concerned with her carrying while walking where we live. Rural area with lots of animals like bear and cougar and "other types".

Post imported post

I live on the Harbor and never had a problem with oc and I do ride alongs a lot and oc to the police dept. They just lock my gun up until I go home. But I have never been on a ride with the SD

Who cares if he would advise against doing it. I understand they all need to know and sounds like they do but you will always have a few who tell you this.

Sorry I did not answer what you ask just wanted to vent on this.

Post imported post

I'd suggest taking some training bulletins from other agencies and asking them to do the same.

Post imported post

He gave the correct answer, it is legal. Then he gave you his opinion which he is certainly allowed to have.

If he was on duty and acting in an official capacity, he probably should have kept his opinion to himself. A good follow up question would be, "Is that the official position of the _____ County Sheriff's Department, or is that just your own opinion?"

If he was asked about OC while he was in a social situation, I see no reason why he shouldn't voice his own opinion.

The good news is that he knows OC is legal.