• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USA Today poll

Thelukaskezik

imported post

usa today is taking a poll on the 2nd amendment - gun control

[align=center]Obama's new Attorney General, Eric Holder, has already said this is one of his major issues. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time. Then pass the link on to all the interested friends you know. Hopefully these results will be published later this month. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court accepting the District of Columbia case against the right for individuals to bear arms.[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]here's what to do:
[/align]
  • First -vote on this one. Second –forward to everyone you knowand have THEM vote - then we will see if the results get published.
The Question is: "Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?"
Answer choices: Yes or No or Undecided
USATODAY.com - Quick Question

KBCraig

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Oh GOD. I thought I had finally seen the end of this poll. FROM 2007!
Nope, it will keep popping back up every time someone gets it an email and doesn't bother to look at the date.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Also, the statement is misleading: The US Constitution -- or ANY document for that matter -- doesn't give rights, it can only affirm them. So in a way, answering "yes" means one agrees it DOES grant rights and "rights" come from no other source, such as a HIGHER source other than a man-made written piece of paper.

It's a "trick statement" if you will...although I doubt those writing it for the poll even thought beyond a surface level.

-- John D.

KS_to_CA

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Also, the statement is misleading: The US Constitution -- or ANY document for that matter -- doesn't give rights, it can only affirm them. So in a way, answering "yes" means one agrees it DOES grant rights and "rights" come from no other source, such as a HIGHER source other than a man-made written piece of paper.

It's a "trick statement" if you will...although I doubt those writing it for the poll even thought beyond a surface level.

-- John D.
Hhhmmmm. That's a thought.:uhoh: