• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Curious about Anti-Malls with restaurants attached

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

Hey all, quick question maybe you guys can answer real quick.

I know some fine folks around here in PWC go to places like Target and IHOP connected to the Manassas mall. Now Im curious about how that works with the mall being no go on firearms and Target and IHOP OC friendly. Im curious because I know Tysons is a anti, but what if I wanted to go to a restaurant attached? Does the same principle apply? If I went to Maggianos or Cheesecake Factory I would have to OC obviously.

So how does the restaurant override the fact it is on Tysons' property? I had someone ask me this question the other day and I couldnt answer it and it honestly kinda brought my mind to a screeching halt.

Also, has anyone carried through Maggianos? I didnt see anything on the search.

Marco

imported post

The Mall doesn't dictate store policy just mall policy.
I've OC'ed in Manassas Mall several times with no issue, in fact I was just there yesterday.

YMMV

Harper1227

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

I know some fine folks around here in PWC go to places like Target and IHOP connected to the Manassas mall. Now Im curious about how that works with the mall being no go on firearms and Target and IHOP OC friendly. Im curious because I know Tysons is a anti, but what if I wanted to go to a restaurant attached? Does the same principle apply? If I went to Maggianos or Cheesecake Factory I would have to OC obviously.

So how does the restaurant override the fact it is on Tysons' property? I had someone ask me this question the other day and I couldnt answer it and it honestly kinda brought my mind to a screeching halt.

I know that I OC'd once at Tyson's with no issues, but can't recall when or which stores. I went in, grabbed what I needed and on my way out stopped at Maggianos and grabbed a menu, sat at a table for a minute while i organized my baby's diaper bad and headed out. Like I said, no problems. But, I don't think anyone noticed me OCing.

IANAL -but, i would say if the mall is posted and the restaurant is in the mall's spaces, the same rules would apply. At the same time, if you go in through the restaurant's separate door and there is no posting, you are free to assume OC is not prohibited and it would be a matter of them asking you to leave, same as any non-posted establishment.

NightmareSHANIQUA

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

I know that I OC'd once at Tyson's with no issues, but can't recall when or which stores. I went in, grabbed what I needed and on my way out stopped at Maggianos and grabbed a menu, sat at a table for a minute while i organized my baby's diaper bad and headed out. Like I said, no problems. But, I don't think anyone noticed me OCing.

IANAL -but, i would say if the mall is posted and the restaurant is in the mall's spaces, the same rules would apply. At the same time, if you go in through the restaurant's separate door and there is no posting, you are free to assume OC is not prohibited and it would be a matter of them asking you to leave, same as any non-posted establishment.
See I figured thats how it would go. I would certainly not "enter" the mall because I would go through Maggianos' door to get in.

I remember reading a post not too long ago about a guy being asked to leave Tysons I because he was open carry?

PS - how was the dinner? I wanted to go but my friend called me last minute with Ravens club level tickets... Hell of a game :D

Harper1227

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

See I figured thats how it would go. I would certainly not "enter" the mall because I would go through Maggianos' door to get in.

I remember reading a post not too long ago about a guy being asked to leave Tysons I because he was open carry?

PS - how was the dinner? I wanted to go but my friend called me last minute with Ravens club level tickets... Hell of a game :D
dinner was great thanks. we ended up having in I think 18 adults an 5 kids. im about to post a pic in the dinner thread. definitely try to make it next time. I am going to try to set up on for the first or second weekend in december.

Harper1227

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

dinner was great thanks. we ended up having in I think 18 adults an 5 kids. im about to post a pic in the dinner thread. definitely try to make it next time. I am going to try to set up on for the first or second weekend in december.

NightmareSHANIQUA

imported post

nova wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
Maybe one in Fairfax this time?
That makes it convenient for me :D
I am here but for the ease and convenience of you, Big guy :p

I was thinking Fairfax and I was talking to SouthernBoy about it a little because it would pull a lot of people from PWC and FFX county I think. Plus there is just about any restaurant you can imagine.