• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free Basic Handgun Class

givemeliberty

imported post

There's a free basichandgun class in Jessamine county Nov 7th. You mustRSVP in order to attend.

http://www.meetup.com/Kentucky-Open-Carry/

The teacher is a Marine Veteran. He has attended over 90 hours of classes at firearms training schools and would like to share some of the things he has learned with his fellow patriots.
Mike

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I can't believe people didn't jump all over this. Training like this usually costs hundreds of dollars, plus the cost to travel hundreds of miles and provide your own overnight lodging. I'd have been less surprised if 20 people on the Kentucky Open Carry forum wanted to take advantage of this unbelievable opportunity, as opposed to what seems to be nobody wanting to participate in this.

I had already made plans to be there and I'm stoked about this!

langzaiguy

imported post

Wish I could go, but I'm taking some sort of legislative class in Frankfort today. Have fun!

Liberty4Ever

imported post

OK. That's one good excuse for missing the defensive pistol class. Norm's legislative training class is very good. You'll leave knowing a lot more about how the state legislature works, how to track bills online, and how to seriously influence legislation. When so few people bother to get involved with state legislation, those who do have a very disproportionally loud voice. A handful of noisy people can work with their legislators to pass legislation. If you were a state legislator and you received a thousand calls and emails on one side of an issue and no calls on the other side of the same issue, you'd probably vote for that legislation.

Statesman

imported post

Liberty4Ever wrote:
I can't believe people didn't jump all over this. Training like this usually costs hundreds of dollars, plus the cost to travel hundreds of miles and provide your own overnight lodging. I'd have been less surprised if 20 people on the Kentucky Open Carry forum wanted to take advantage of this unbelievable opportunity, as opposed to what seems to be nobody wanting to participate in this.

I had already made plans to be there and I'm stoked about this!
Good points. I bet most of us didn't know what was being taught, however. I think it would be beneficial to expand on the course itself, and put a price tag on it, which establishes some sort of value to it. Once we establish value, there may be a better response.

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
imported post

For me, it has nothing to do about how good it was, or what the "value" of the offering was. It was I didnt know about it until after we had already made plans to be on the other side of the state. With enough notice, and another one held, I would be there, and I would have a couple of weapons to loan out to those who dont have a weapon to use. Dont take my lack of participation on this event as lack of appreciation.