• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Did It! I traded my Desert Eagle in...

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I finally decided that an 8lbs trigger pull was a bit much, so I went to Federal Way Discount Guns to see about a trading my Micro Eagle for something else. They readily agreed to do a straight trade for a Bersa Thunder and we started doing the paperwork.

That's when someone noticed that Deros72 was OCing. They started asking questions and he gave an impromptu lecture to about 5 people.

You'd have been proud of him, standing there with every hair in place as he fielded question after question with perfect aplomb. Why, when we left he STILL didn't need a comb.

But he WILL need to print out a few more pamphlets.

Squeak

imported post

Bookman wrote:
I finally decided that an 8lbs trigger pull was a bit much, so I went to Federal Way Discount Guns to see about a trading my Micro Eagle for something else. They readily agreed to do a straight trade for a Bersa Thunder and we started doing the paperwork.

That's when someone noticed that Deros72 was OCing. They started asking questions and he gave an impromptu lecture to about 5 people.

You'd have been proud of him, standing there with every hair in place as he fielded question after question with perfect aplomb. Why, when we left he STILL didn't need a comb.

But he WILL need to print out a few more pamphlets.
Well, tell more about the gun! We all know he has a hair stylist!Gun forum.....Huh? You city folk!;)

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

yeah they did the straight across cause they knew they made a 100% profit.

as long as your happy

FMCDH

imported post

Discount Gun Sales would probably NOT be my first choice of where I would trade a gun. Or second choice.....hmm...or third....well, you get the picture.

But as the "barmaid" before me said, as long as your happy!

joeroket

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Discount Gun Sales would probably NOT be my first choice of where I would trade a gun. Or second choice.....hmm...or third....well, you get the picture.

But as the "barmaid" before me said, as long as your happy!

Federal Way discount guns is not the same as Discount Gun Sales.

DEROS72

imported post

I think dollar wise the store probably did better but I would have done the same.I don't like those little desert eagles at all.Trigger pull isto heavy ,feels to small,casings hitting you in the face no single action. I prefer my Bersa anyday.I feel it's probably one of the better .380s on the market. Below is my daughters bersa but exactly the same as what Bookman got.

DEROS72

imported post

I was passing out head and shoulders hair tips but they seemed more interested in the OCDO pamphlets.

Had an impromtu lecture going, 2 guys there saw us on TV...So out getting the brand out there is paying off.

I got the man Bersa see below....

compmanio365

imported post

I need to take a stab at that Tangfolio one time, should make a plan to get a group shoot at a range where a good number of OCDO members can show up....might just find me one of them if I like how it shoots, definitely like how it looks.

DEROS72

imported post

The Tanfoglio is one of the finest .45's I have ever used But mine is sort of tricked.I polished it to where it looks almost chrome.Did all the lettering in white and did the black out in the serrations myself.I also have a houge grip .They don't look like that when you buy it off the shelf.BUt they sure are a fine pistol.Wouldn't trade it for any standard 1911.

DEROS72

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
poor mans ppk :)
I think it is a much better weapon that a PPK.I have lost track of how many rounds I've put through the Bersa but can only remeber one stove pipe. It's the best ,in my mind .380 on the market and for $ 229.00 in the box ,well it doesn't get better than that.

Squeak

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Well, MY new gun will be here tomorrow!:celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

If all goes well I will be picking my mini -14 tomorrow afternoon.Scoped and all .Pistol grip with folding stock and 2 30 rnd mags.I had a mini -14 years ago and when I sold it I kept the mags.So with this I will be well ammoed up.

So Sqweak what are you getting or did I miss a post somewhere.???

DEROS72

imported post

While we were at Federalway discount guns I looked at a really nice Barrett .50 BMG.I could never afford one but maybe we should purchase one as a group.Have someone designated to keep it,maybe transfer it to different areas from time to time.Have a system set up where folks could sign it out and try to get as many as we can trained up on it.Everyone would be responsible for their own ammo costs when they are using it.The the way things are going in this country it would be a good thing to have as a group and as many as possible trained in its use and maintenance. Just a thought!!!!!

Squeak

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
So Sqweak what are you getting or did I miss a post somewhere.???
A little pocket gun. CA 2000 .38. Hammerless so it'll fit in my pocket while on the bike. My coat covers my 9mm. Heck, I just thought it was neat. My wife asked if it would fit her purse. Are you kidding me? YES. I'll get another one! Heh,heh!

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
yeah they did the straight across cause they knew they made a 100% profit.

No kidding? (See how I avoided using profanity?)

BooBoo, I bought the first gun. I traded for the second one. Don't you think I KNOW what each gun is worth?

In short, tain't none yo bizness!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

sudden valley gunner

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Boo Boo wrote:
poor mans ppk :)
I think it is a much better weapon that a PPK.I have lost track of how many rounds I've put through the Bersa but can only remeber one stove pipe. It's the best ,in my mind .380 on the market and for $ 229.00 in the box ,well it doesn't get better than that.
Wow....less than Kesselring selling just the blued version for 279