• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election Night at Richmond Marriot

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ken could do worse than to retain the Gadsden flag as his symbol of the AG office.

Yata hey

vt357

imported post

peter nap wrote:
vt357 wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Is Ken wearing a Gadsden flag pin? I LOVE IT!
Ken made the Gadsden the symbol of his campaign. They passed out hundreds of stickers and mini versions of the flag at the Republican convention (I put mine on my desk at work). If you donated $100 to his campaign he would send you a full size flag. I'd guess he got that pin long before yesterday.

Hey...I want my flag then:uhoh:
Hmm I looked back through my Cuccinelli Compass emails and I seem to have misstated it slightly. When they first started the "Gadsden Plan" back in June you had to donate $5000 to get the flag, $1000 to get the lapel pin. But I found another email about one of those money bomb days in October where you would get the flag for only $100 (that is what made me think $100).

I bought both my Gadsden and Culpeper flags from united-states-flag.com earlier this year for the tea party.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I have a number of Gadsden related items that I bought here - http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/
Business related expense, I trust. :)

As are tacti-cool hats, shirts, pants and boots - clothing required for the job.

Then there is the required equipment: rifles, shotguns, pistols, holsters, belts.

Whenever you leave the house you are "on duty" too, right?

Business expenses sure cuts down on the taxable income. :lol:

Yata hey

Repeater

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Ken could do worse than to retain the Gadsden flag as his symbol of the AG office.

Yata hey
Attorney General-Elect Ken Cuccinelli adopted the Gadsden Flag lapel pin to symbolize his strong commitment to the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. constitution in defending Virginia's Sovereignty for all Virginians, including Virginia gun owners.

As Ken himself says:

In the last several years, and most significantly since the election of the current administration and Congress, the trend towards increased Federal Government control over every aspect of the lives of Virginia’s citizens has been alarming.

The time is now to turn the tide away from destructive big government policies, toward a less intrusive, less oppressive form of government; a return to the first principles intended by the founding fathers.

I will apply these founding principles to every aspect of my work as your next Attorney General. For this reason, I have chosen the Gadsden Flag as a symbol for my campaign.
For this courageous and principled stand, his Democratic opponent, Steve Shannon, viciously smeared Ken as the "States Rights Attorney General Candidate".

This prompted VCDL-PAC to issue a sternly worded rebuke:

Monday, November 2. 2009
VA-ALERT: Ken Cuccinelli: Protecting The 10th Amendment

From Kenneth M. Elliott, Jr.

All concerned Virginia Voters,

I hate to sound like a broken record by only discussing the Attorney Generals race so far - but then no one else has an opponent as uninformed, or afraid, as the man running against VCDL PAC's Endorsed Candidate for Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli.

The VCDL PAC is grateful to have Ken Cuccinelli, as Virginia's next Attorney General, stand with us in defending Virginia gun owners' Tenth Amendment rights.

Ken's opponent, Steve Shannon, is trying desperately to make Ken Cuccinelli's defense of state sovereignty somehow a racial issue (!) - what Ken's position reflects is the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights. Maybe Mr. Shannon should read them some time.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Interesting - will have to check it out. I have OCd there many times - last time was the night before the Republican Convention and there was no sign then.

Maybe it was for Eric (its not my fault) Cantor.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I didn't see it but it wa packed and would have been easy to miss.

riverrat10k

imported post

Repeater wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Attorney General-Elect Ken Cuccinelli adopted the Gadsden Flag lapel pin to symbolize his strong commitment to the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. constitution in defending Virginia's Sovereignty for all Virginians, including Virginia gun owners.

As Ken himself says:

In the last several years, and most significantly since the election of the current administration and Congress, the trend towards increased Federal Government control over every aspect of the lives of Virginia’s citizens has been alarming.

The time is now to turn the tide away from destructive big government policies, toward a less intrusive, less oppressive form of government; a return to the first principles intended by the founding fathers.

I will apply these founding principles to every aspect of my work as your next Attorney General. For this reason, I have chosen the Gadsden Flag as a symbol for my campaign.
For this courageous and principled stand, his Democratic opponent, Steve Shannon, viciously smeared Ken as the "States Rights Attorney General Candidate".

This prompted VCDL-PAC to issue a sternly worded rebuke:

Monday, November 2. 2009
VA-ALERT: Ken Cuccinelli: Protecting The 10th Amendment

From Kenneth M. Elliott, Jr.

All concerned Virginia Voters,

I hate to sound like a broken record by only discussing the Attorney Generals race so far - but then no one else has an opponent as uninformed, or afraid, as the man running against VCDL PAC's Endorsed Candidate for Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli.

The VCDL PAC is grateful to have Ken Cuccinelli, as Virginia's next Attorney General, stand with us in defending Virginia gun owners' Tenth Amendment rights.

Ken's opponent, Steve Shannon, is trying desperately to make Ken Cuccinelli's defense of state sovereignty somehow a racial issue (!) - what Ken's position reflects is the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights. Maybe Mr. Shannon should read them some time.
This whole post bears repeating. I love Ken! He gets it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Interesting - will have to check it out. I have OCd there many times - last time was the night before the Republican Convention and there was no sign then.

Maybe it was for Eric (its not my fault) Cantor.

Yata hey
I guess that's why the Tea Party people were there. Had I seen a sign, I'd have taken my fishing rod instead of the gun I didn't have.