Thread: oc carry voting at a church

Post imported post

any thoughts on open carry while voting tomarrow at a church. can anyone sight any codes pertaining to voting and carrying. i know that there is NOT any k-12 schools here. and only code i know of states that carring in place of worship is prohibitied while serives are taking place without good sufficient reason. ??

Post imported post

You have it straight. Carry on!

IANAL

Post imported post

Yep, you should be good to go. I am voting this afternoon and plan to OC. My location is also a church with no school atached.

Post imported post

Mine is a municipal building with no court attached.

Post imported post

Novice question: My (mis?)understanding was that a handgun inside a voting place wasn't allowed. Almost as though it were a Federal building while the pols were open. Am I simply mistaken? Am I within my rights to open-carried while voting in Arlington this evening, the poll being in an apartment complex?

- Peter

Post imported post

Many here have been open carrying while voting for a while. If a place isn't "off limits" (school, courthouse, etc.) then opening a polling place does not make it off limits. Carry On!

Live Free or Die,

Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776