• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc carry voting at a church

beachpatriot13

imported post

any thoughts on open carry while voting tomarrow at a church. can anyone sight any codes pertaining to voting and carrying. i know that there is NOT any k-12 schools here. and only code i know of states that carring in place of worship is prohibitied while serives are taking place without good sufficient reason. ??

jmb_nova

imported post

Yep, you should be good to go. I am voting this afternoon and plan to OC. My location is also a church with no school atached.

RPW

imported post

Novice question: My (mis?)understanding was that a handgun inside a voting place wasn't allowed. Almost as though it were a Federal building while the pols were open. Am I simply mistaken? Am I within my rights to open-carried while voting in Arlington this evening, the poll being in an apartment complex?

- Peter

Thundar

imported post

Many here have been open carrying while voting for a while. If a place isn't "off limits" (school, courthouse, etc.) then opening a polling place does not make it off limits. Carry On!

Live Free or Die,

Thundar