• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need your opinions...

QwikClip or SuperTuck Deluxe?

• QwikClip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SuperTuck Deluxe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hightecrebel

imported post

I've narrowed my IWB picks down to a QwikClip or a Super Tuck Deluxe. I'm looking for feedback on how they've worked out for people who have them. Mainly the the QwikClip since there's already an extended review about the SuperTuck.

I'll be carrying a 5" 1911, and I'll have an actual gunbelt with internal stiffener, so I'm looking for what will provide the most comfort and ease of use. I like the fact that the QwikClip doesn't need to be threaded on the belt, but I can see where it might also be a problem. Granted, I'll probably end up with both, but considering the holidays are right around the corner I can't afford to get myself both just yet.

jeeper1

imported post

My first Crossbreed holster was a supertuck, it was sold off a few months later because I prefer the cross draw position available with the qwikclip. I had extraction difficulties (bad shoulder) with strong side carry.
FWIW I now have 2 qwikclip holsters. The first is for my KT P11 and the second is for my SA XD40.
If metal clips are available for the qwikclip now go with them as the kydex clips eventually open slightly.

hightecrebel

imported post

Alright, with payday just around the corner I've come to a decision. I'm going to order the Supertuck. It seems like it will work the best for me, especially since it will allow me to get used to carrying my pistol, at least after I get out of work for the day, with the most support. I'll probably order the other after Christmas.