• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doctors really want to know about your guns!

T Vance

imported post

A ECNALG wrote:
And if we wind upgetting stuck with "Obama-Care," I'm sure that it wouldn't be long before the "risk" associated with a gun in the home will translate into the Obama-Care recipient's rate being adjusted (upward)to reflect the increased risk due to that particular "life-style choice."
Yep...

B

Bikenut

imported post

Obamacare for those over age 65....

Any and all expenses for 1 office visit and subsequent treatment and drugs prescribed by Dr. Kervorkian will be covered in full.

Dan F.

imported post

It never ceases to amaze me how people pick firearms as their pet vendetta. Any responsible practioner will know that there were more pediatric deaths (deaths of persons under the age of 19) due to motor vehicle trauma last year than firearm deaths in the preceding DECADE. Which practioner have you spoken to recently who wants to outlaw the use of automobiles by children? Which practioner do you know that wants to prohibit the ownership of automobiles by families with children in the house? Either of these actions would save the lives of more children annually than totally eliminating children's exposure to firearms for the next 10 years! Sometimes I wonder if MCRGO should post a list of firearm-hostile practioners like they do with businesses. The AAP blew all of their credibility when they issued that professional standard a few years ago. How sad to think that a highly regarded professional academy could be reduced to such a level.

One last comment. A previous poster pointed out that all practioners are not holophobes. Some enjoy the shooting sports and some even (gasp!) CC. My perception of people as a group is that nurses are way less holophobic. Currently I am helping a large group put together a CC class just for nurses.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"Well, Doctor, I'm glad you brought it up.Physicians whohelp snoop enumerated rights and place that information into government-accessible files are noteworthy. That isa danger to the body politicthat concerned citizens should know about. I'll be sure to enter it in my file on you. And pass it along to other concerned citizens and civil rights groups."

Bailenforcer

imported post

I am sorry for your bad experience. My Doctor is perfectly okay with me carrying, and before him my previous now retired Doctor was asking me questions about what kind of gun he should get to carry.....

I guess I am lucky.