• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need your help

SAK

imported post

I could really use the help of some individuals on this forum. I'm working full time to promote the right to carry in Illinois and Wisconsin. I'm donating my time and money for this, and since I'm not from Wisconsin I am not as familiar with the politicians, towns, and other gun-related history.

My stance: I believe in open carry and concealed carry and think it ought to be up to the person to decide how they want to carry. The model form of carry is a no-permit-required like Vermont/Alaska. It may take a few steps to get there for concealed carry. However, most importantly, I will fight ANY new restriction on open carry even if it's masked with concealed carry or any other positive reform. ICarry.org will not support any new gun restriction, PERIOD. Never have, never will.

Right now I'm looking for local politicians in Wisconsin - mayors, police chiefs, sheriffs, aldermen, whoever -- who REALLY support concealed carry (please don't bother showing me the recent news article about the fake supporters -- I already know). I'm looking for politicians who are willing to really put their names behind it, and I know it will reward them very well politically. Indeed I'll do everything I can do make sure it does.

If you agree with my stance and what I'm aiming for, then I'd like to ask you to monitor the forums at ICarry.org in addition to these forums. I'm not trying to take anyone away - there's no reason you can't be on both. We're getting floods of new members on ICarry due to my advertising and the money I'm throwing at this, and we need leaders.

It took me years to learn not to engage in arguments on a forum. It's a waste of time and energy. A leader is someone who tries to find the consensus and get people moving in that direction. I'm looking for people who agree with that and want to make a real difference by doing more than just talk.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

SAK wrote:
It took me years to learn not to engage in arguments on a forum. It's a waste of time and energy........ I'm looking for people who agree with that and want to make a real difference by doing more than just talk.
There is alot of time and energy being wasted in this forum by those who thrive on the argument and not the action. As you can see by the post above, the Master of talking and not doing is eager to continue justtalking in an unproductive manor. He replies to your original post only to antagonize and not contribute.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SAK wrote:
Right now I'm looking for local politicians in Wisconsin - mayors, police chiefs, sheriffs, aldermen, whoever -- who REALLY support concealed carry (please don't bother showing me the recent news article about the fake supporters -- I already know). I'm looking for politicians who are willing to really put their names behind it, and I know it will reward them very well politically. Indeed I'll do everything I can do make sure it does.

The state politicans that are willing to put their names on self defense legislation is here:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/w3asp/commpages/BillHistory.aspx?type=SB&num=129

As far as Wisconsin police chiefs are concerned, they are in bed with WAVE (which is funded with million$ from Chicago's Joyce Foundation).

http://www.waveedfund.org/about

Appreciate your efforts.

SAK

imported post

wave gets that much? I would have assumed 150-250k or so.

Thanks for the link to the legislators -- that should come in handy. Now we need some law enforcement or city leaders.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SAK wrote:
wave gets that much? I would have assumed 150-250k or so.

Page through this site for WAVE grants from Chicago's Joyce Foundation for the last few years. It's a safe bet that Joyce will provide large $$ "grants" to any group that will testify against firearm freedoms.

ApparentlyJoyce feels Wisconsin should have Chicago stylefirearm laws. WAVE would not exist if it wasn't forJoyce. WAVE is nothing more than a Wisconsin based front organization for Joyce. The WAVE staff is no different than theBrady Gouls, making a living off the misfortunes of others.

http://www.joycefdn.org/Programs/GunViolence/GrantList.aspx

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SAK wrote:
Now we need some law enforcement or city leaders.

That may be difficult.... the Police Chief's Association is anti-firearm. "Talking Points" from the last concealed carry go around.

http://www.wichiefs.org/pdf/legislation/Talking%20Points%20for%20CCW.pdf

A number of Wisconsin mayors are members of Bloomberg and Daley's MAiG. I am unaware of any Wisconsin local official that has tesified in favor of firearm rights legislation.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Bzzt.  Consensus is the lack of leadership.  As democracy has shown.
I don't understand what you're getting at.

I have no desire to lead, and even less willingness to be led.

What does that suggest?

Leaders are, essentially by definition, not to be trusted.

And what is wrong with consensus, even though it is impossible in the purest sense?

SAK

imported post

Thanks for the additional info, Flipper. We've got our work cut out for us, thats for sure. Luckily that info is outdated and has been refuted plenty. The best bet is to keep pushing the open carry envelope and work on the vehicle/school laws I think. Concealed carry will come.

Please keep the thread on topic guys.